Senior Business Consulting Manager - Herndon , Virginia, United States, 20171
Job Function Overview:
The business consulting function provides strategic planning, business process assessment, organizational readiness, and KPI-driven analysis working with customers to drive value and success by aligning their priorities and objectives with FranConnect solutions and services. By engaging with customers and in conjunction with teams at FranConnect, the business consulting manager proactively leads the initiatives with customers to help our customers achieve their strategic objectives and get maximum value from their investment in FranConnect.
The role is a combination of technology and business strategy consulting to engage customers on a deeper level through hands-on, project-based work grounded in actionable strategy, planning, and an on-going engagement model to achieve desired results. The business consulting manager must be able to drive engagement with key customer stakeholders and ensure effective engagement at the right levels in order to develop appropriate action plans and build trusted relationships.
Principal Duties and Essential Responsibilities:
- Experienced in influencing and building trust-based, value-added relationships with senior executives.
- Experience within a well-regarded consultancy or in a business value role in technology companies serving in a advisory, delivery and account management capacity.
- Experience working with multiple technology solutions.
- A consistent track record of leading customers and colleagues to leverage technology to drive the mission-critical priorities.
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity and the creative development of solutions and strategies to solve client problems.
- An ability to be hands-on and to manage multiple client priorities simultaneously
- Act as a trusted advisor to customer stakeholders and drive product adoption. Ensure that the customer uses the solution to achieve agreed strategic business goals and operational priorities, leading to full business value.
- Maintain an understanding of FranConnect products, industry knowledge, and franchising trends to effectively drive greater customer engagement on the most relevant features/functionality for their specific business needs.
- Work with the Center for Excellence team to prepare customer-facing white papers and quarterly business reviews.
- Some travel to clients sites required.
- 12+ years of overall work experience; 6+ in customer-facing consulting and account management roles.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience with C-level client engagements.
- Demonstrated success in strategic customer engagements with ability to elicit business imperatives and drive effective results by aligning business priorities and KPIs with FranConnect solutions and services.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to listen effectively and the ability to present oneself in a professional manner under pressures of demanding customers, time and schedule.
- Flexibility regarding work schedule to meet position needs outside of regular business hours.
- Ability and motivation to learn new technologies quickly with minimal support and guidance.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently communicate with customers and staff so that instructions are clearly presented, consistently understood, and feature excellent verbal and written communication techniques.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work efficiently in a constantly changing and growing environment where the process is fluid and creative and unique solutions are desired.
- You are energetic, never settle for the status quo, are a creative problem solver, and like to have fun at work.
- MBA or MS in a business/technology discipline
- Prior experience with Software as a Service companies
- Experience supporting enterprise-level software solutions
- Experience in Franchising