Senior Associate Supply Chain - Warehouse - Rhode Island, United States,
Work closely with Supply Chain Procurement (SCP), Raw Material Sampling, Disposition, Dispensing, Receiving and Shipping to insure daily warehouse operations are well coordinated between each function.
- Lead multi-departmental, cross-functional, multi-site projects of small to moderate size.
- Establish and maintain warehouse operations Key Performance Indicator (KPI) metrics and monitor for trends on a weekly/monthly basis. Lead the warehouse teams in using the tools of Operational Excellence (OE) and Lean Transformation to drive operational improvements for both ARI and AWM warehouses.
- Own Nonconformance and Corrective Action/Preventative Action (CAPA) records related to warehouse operations. Drive warehouse projects to completion per defined schedule.
- Own and author Standard Operating Procedures for warehouse operations.
- Change control assessor/owner.
- Rhode Island warehouse safety lead. Responsible to work with Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S) on monthly safety walkthroughs, metrics reporting, issue resolution, and annual risk assessments. Will present warehouse safety trends and project status to the Supply Chain leadership team periodically.
- Leverage best practices and industry trends to drive continuous process improvement.
- Master's degree
- Bachelor's degree and 2 years of Warehouse experience
- Associate's degree and 6 years of Warehouse experience
- High school diploma / GED and 8 years of Warehouse experience
- Strong understanding of cGMP regulations and GDP requirements
- Previous experience and comfort operating fork trucks, reach trucks, and other powered warehouse vehicles
- Awareness of industry trends and developments in biopharmaceutical logistics
- 6+ years' experience in supply chain or logistics
- 4+ years' experience biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, preferably SAP
- Project planning/lead experience
- Microsoft Office suite experience
- Strong customer service and writing skills
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.