Senior Associate IS Business Systems Analyst - Change Management - Tampa , Florida, United States, 33601
The Senior Associate Information Systems (IS) Business Systems Analyst - Change Management, working as a Senior Associate IS Business Systems Analyst, plays a central role ensuring information system changes. The Senior Associate will have a role to meet business objectives on time and by increasing user adoption and usage of the Enterprise Change Management process as Amgen's IS management has endorsed the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) as the framework for IS Service Management. The Senior Associate will ideally act as an enabler as this position can tend to be tied down by process in order to mitigate as many risks as possible. Further, the Analyst will harness a blend of in-depth technical understanding when addressing multiple architectural landscapes. Ultimately, however, it is in the business best interest to enable changes to occur in a timely manner, thus, the Incumbent will find a healthy balance between a flexible / DevOps / Agile change system and a low risk environment.
The ESM - ITIL team includes process ownership and governance for Amgen's key service management processes including Incident, Problem, Change, Request, Release, Software, Asset Management and associated Analytics / Service Level Agreements (SLAs), etc. The ESM - ITIL Team closely cooperates with other teams such as Global Business Services (GBS) Technology, IS Service Owners, Quality, Corporate Accounting and strategic external partners.
Key Activities for the Senior Associate include:
- Focuses on the IS side of change, including changes to business processes, systems and technology while supporting change management strategies and plans that reduce risk
- Supports process adoption and minimizes risk to Amgen
- Works to drive faster adoption, higher ultimate utilization, greater proficiency of the changes that impact systems
- Facilitates and owns the enterprise IS Change Advisory Board (CAB) aligning with the change management process strategy, policies, standards and ensuring the CAB is fit for purpose and performing adequately in the assessment, prioritization and scheduling of changes
- Supports the development, maintenance and improvements of the change process by aligning with ITIL Best Practices, DevOps Model and Agile Framework
- Identifies and develops training for Change Management
- Liaises with stakeholders, technical staff and negotiates appropriate change and release windows with the service owners
- Promotes process across the enterprise, provides support of Change Management procedures and methodologies
- Assists with improving coordinated and regularly scheduled changes to minimize risks, reduce disruptions and costs of doing business
- Delivers business driven key performance indictors and corresponding governance processes ensuring operational sustainability
- Defines metric measurements, monitor performance and identify opportunities for continuous improvements
Bachelor's degree and 2 years of Information Systems experience
Associate's degree and 6 years of Information Systems experience
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of Information Systems experience
- Experience supporting regulatory compliance and computerized systems validation for Change Management
- Strong understanding of service management frameworks (e.g. ITIL, COBIT); working knowledge of integrated service management tool(s) such as ServiceNow
- Ensures change compliance for SOX systems through quarterly internal process and reports test results to management
- Practical ITIL Change Management experience
- Solution delivery experience with in-depth understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies including Agile, DevOps etc.
- ServiceNow experience
- Innovative, analytical, risk-based problem solving skills
- Ability to influence process reengineering, functional requirements gathering, data architecture, and system design efforts
- Ability to be consistently flexibility, resilient, and resourceful, working with multiple teams, and balancing work load
- Understanding of Information Systems (IS) Incident Management, Problem Management and Service Asset and Configuration Management principles
- Strong documentation skills, particularly in writing enterprise level guidelines, standard operating procedures, and other procedures
- Ability to influence and present at different organization hierarchical levels, and to impact and influence outcomes
- Displays consistent flexibility, resilience, teamwork and resourcefulness and ability to work with multiple teams, delegating work load and ensuring team efficiency
- High learning agility
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
The invaluable contributions of our talented Tampa team will help us develop the vital and innovative medicines that treat serious illness and unmet medical needs around the globe
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.