Senior Associate Corporate Strategy - San Francisco , California, United States, 94121
Sr. Associate Corporate Strategy
When you work with the world's most innovative companies, you know you're making a difference every single day.
Our clients are the game changers, leaders and investors who fuel the global innovation economy. They're the businesses behind the next medical breakthroughs. And the visionaries whose new technologies could transform the way people live and work.
They come to our client for their expertise, deep network and 30+ years of experience in the industries we serve, and to partner with passionate, enterprising people, dedicated to helping them grow and succeed at every stage of their business.
As a Corporate Strategy Associate, you will be part of a team that supports the Director of Strategy to identify and build upon the most attractive strategic opportunities for our client. You will play a vital role in defining and supporting corporate strategic thinking, analyzing market opportunities, project managing ad-hoc strategic projects, and will interact regularly with senior management. You will work on high priority strategic initiatives at both corporate and business unit levels. This role will be located in our client's downtown San Francisco office.
Duties will likely involve:
- Working collaboratively across the organization, managing cross-functional project teams, and partnering with senior management on a wide range of issues ranging from strategic thinking to operational project management
- Developing financial modeling, performing market sizing analysis, and driving other strategic data analysis
- Monitoring and providing insightful analysis on market dynamics, macro/microeconomic factors, financials, competitive implications, growth opportunities & threats
- Developing and recommending creative growth innovations, and specific strategies for optimizing existing business and financial performance - including market development, investment prioritization, and other growth strategies
- Driving assigned projects and initiatives, including developing work plans and executing deliverables on time
- Conducting rigorous, data-driven analysis to diagnose the current state and model future outcomes for business performance
- Managing assigned corporate strategy initiatives and participating in strategy communication throughout the organization
- 2-5 years of experience, with 2-4 years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, private equity, or corporate strategy
- Excellent analytic thinking and analysis skills, financial modeling, and data aggregation skills
- Excellent project management skills, including project structuring and managing multiple work streams independently
- Strong relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting
- Strong critical thinking skills including discernment, analysis, evaluation and judgement and experience with multiple business models
- Ability to structure ambiguous problems, think creatively, generate and test hypotheses, and provide actionable recommendations
- Ability to identify and draw on analytical tools and techniques to develop new insights for large and complex business strategy projects
- Ability to independently draft and present deliverables, recommendations, and communications strategies
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced university degree (e.g., MBA) a plus