Senior Advisor, Technology Strategy - New York , New York, United States, 10001
The Mayor s Office of Contract Services (MOCS) oversees and supports the procurement activities of City agencies, with a goal to ensure fairness, transparency, efficiency and cost effectiveness. The Director is the City Chief Procurement Officer. Annually, agencies procure billions in products and services from a diverse pool of vendors that represent various industries. MOCS partners with industry groups to implement policies and tools that streamline and modernize procurement, resulting in the delivery of quality services to New Yorkers. Team members operate in a fast-paced, collaborative, service-oriented environment, where flexibility and ability to achieve results are valued.
The incumbent will report to the Chief Technology Officer Technology Strategy Division of MOCS with latitude for the exercise of independent judgement will perform the following job responsibilities, which include and are not limited to:
- Assist in leading a team of project management staff in the implementation of administrative tasks the including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential, handle incoming and outgoing phone calls and arrange conference calls.
- Plan, organizes, and establish priorities for the complete life-cycle of projects, including managing project activities and ensure all project phases are documented appropriately.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Tech Strategy leadership team, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Acts as the escalation level on project-related issues and promote a strong, consistent communication by facilitating Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CTO s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the CTO to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Assist with the creation and delivery of training programs for various affected departments to support new processes, application functionality, and/or new operations.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CTO s ability to effectively lead the Technology Strategy Division.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles all matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Develop and maintain project risk profile for technical project implementations.
- Coordinates with Administration Team to maintain project budget and invoice receipts across several agencies and report on project burn rates.
- Assist in coordinating the hiring and onboarding of staff, while maintaining the management of that staff s time and budget via signing of timesheets and weekly reporting.
- Maintain project documentation (SOPs, Job Aids, etc.) and training documentation to coordinate technical trainings across several technical teams.
- Coordinate review of deliverables between vendor and City team.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited college with a baccalaureate degree; or
- Graduation from an accredited community college plus two years of experience with administrative, analytic, coordinative, supervisory or liaison responsibilities; or
- A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent plus four years of experience as described in 2 above; or
- A satisfactory equivalent combination of education and experience.
We are looking for candidates who not only have the required experience and skills but can demonstrate a high level of professionalism and customer service. If you combine high business acumen with technical expertise and team collaboration, you are strongly encouraged to apply. Our ideal candidate possesses the following experience and skills:
- Positive attitude with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Must be able to multi-task with strict attention to detail.
- Ability to critically think to solve problems
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with other units and team members.
- Strong PC skills, including Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- College degree or equivalent experience in computer science, IT project management, computer systems
engineering, information systems, economics, or related field.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- IT project management experience and exposure
- Systems thinking experience a plus.
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.
Mayor s Office of Contract Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Special accommodations provided for applicants with disabilities.
Mayor s Office of Contract Services recognizes the unique skills and strengths gained through military service. Veterans and service members of the U.S. Armed Forces are strongly encouraged to apply.
STUDENT LOAN FORGIVENESS PROGRAM:
The U.S. Department of Education provides student loan forgiveness through the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLFP) to qualifying public service employees. As an employee of the City of New York, you may be eligible for loan forgiveness should you meet the program s eligibility requirements. For additional information on the PSLFP, please visit .
External Applicants, please go to and search for Job ID#: 423083.
Current City Employees, please go to and search for Job ID#: 423083.
Applicants may apply for jobs via NYCAPS with Apple products if they use the appropriate browser, such as Firefox, Chrome and/or Safari.
No phone calls, faxes or personal inquiries permitted.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.- provided by Dice