Scientific Lead, Platform Strategy - San Francisco , California, United States, 94121
VeriSIM Life is a Bill Gates/Venture backed startup building AI-enabled biosimulation models to tackle one of the biggest obstacles in drug development: animal testing. We are an enthusiastic, mission driven team of cross-functional scientists, modelers, and software engineers collaborating to solve this problem.
VeriSIM Life is seeking an experienced and motivated scientific leader to join the team to research/pursue opportunities and define scientific applications of the internally-developed BIOiSIM platform. The ideal candidate is a lifelong learner who is excited and willing to learn about AI/ML applied to the drug development process and can succeed in a fast-paced, high intensity startup environment.
- Partner with key stakeholders to define scientific product vision and development goals in the context of potential scientific applications
- Seek out and scientifically evaluate external opportunities for platform applications, including funding opportunities (e.g. grants) and potential research collaborations
- Provide insight into current industry trends around the application of computational modeling to drug development
- Develop frameworks for approaching research-stage projects
- Coordinate with internal teams to establish timelines and deliverables for different stages of proposal & grant submissions
- Ph.D. in life sciences discipline with 10+ years of experience in the CRO / pharmaceutical space
- Strong understanding of where computational modeling applications can improve PK, PK/PD and related prediction
- Passionate about learning from software engineers ML/AI integration
- Comfortable working and communicating with diverse teams
- Ability to manage multiple diverse streams of work and efficiently plan project timelines
- Excellent communication (verbal & written) skills and ability to work in a fast-paced, highly interdisciplinary environment
The role is based in SF, California. Company will provide competitive salary and relocation expenses, as well as health benefits and commuter reimbursement.
VeriSIM Life is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. We strongly support the message and request you to apply.
Animal testing is slow, ethically questionable, and doesn't act as much of a filter: 92% of all drug candidates that pass this preclinical testing never make it to market. VeriSIM's solution is to create disease-specific biosimulation models, which allow researchers at pharma companies to use software to model how a drug will behave in animals/humans. This enables researchers to test 1000x more potential candidates in the same unit of time, saving companies millions in annual costs by ensuring that drugs that do make it to (human) clinical trials are far more likely to succeed.
To learn more, check out our featured podcast:
VeriSIM Life: How Technology Is Changing Drug Development