SB Strategy Business Architecture Capability Integration Leader - Westfield Center , Ohio, United States, 44251
BUILD YOUR FUTURE, WHILE PROTECTING THEIRS.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique experience, background and perspective.
Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield, you will quickly learn that protecting our customers future is at the heart of what we do. We deliver on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens. Building relationships has been a part of our culture since 1848.
Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, seek opportunity and strive for innovation in a changing world.
Small Business (SB) Strategy, Business Architecture & Capability Integration Leader Job Summary
Leads and facilitates cross-functional, collaborative teams in transformational initiatives using business architecture principles to operationalize capability based execution model and to ensure target state is achieved. Plays a key role in structuring and integrating the small business segment (segment) in terms of governance / accountability, business functions, business processes, and business information. Serves as a transformation agent to champion innovative initiatives in the Small Business segment. Manages initiatives of large scale, scope and complexity using business architecture principles to ensure target state is achieved.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Leads and facilitates cross-functional teams including partners from Market, Underwriting, Product, IT, Enterprise Architecture, Corporate Strategy, Process Engineering, Change Management, and business leadership in the development of business strategies and operational designs (e.g., people, process, technology, information) capable of achieving strategic objectives (target state) through the solution delivery process.
2. Implements methodologies and programs that help business leaders improve the way we operate the segment in order to achieve operational goals and realize our corporate strategy.
3. The resulting operational models consider the combined application of people, process, technology and information to improve operations and gain competitive advantage.
4. Develops and informs segment decisions, strategies and roadmaps for investment in improved or new capabilities, helping determine what capabilities the segment must develop to attract new customers, enhance user experience, increased automation, compete in a market, streamline operations and help create a sustainable competitive advantage.
Develops and maintains overall strategy and business capability roadmaps based on a situational awareness of overall business strategy, operational goals, and critical business challenges and opportunities.
5. Develops an integrated view of business capabilities and processes using a capability framework, and available industry standard techniques.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. 8 or more years of business architecture experience to include strategy impact analysis, conceptual and solution design, and change management.
2. 5 or more years of P&C insurance experience.
3. Experience as a business architect, business strategy role, capability integration role or similar role leading and/or serving as a key member in large scale transformation initiatives like core systems modernization/ migration.
4. Experience with and knowledge of industry tools (e.g., capability models and roadmaps, process models, interaction diagrams, use cases, business cases, cost/benefit, ROI analysis).
5. Knowledge of processing engineering methodologies.
6. Experience facilitating large, cross-functional work groups.
7. Broad exposure to Insurance functions like Underwriting, Policy Management, Operations, Finance, Actuarial, Product Management, Sales/ Service and or Marketing will be ideal.
8. Self-Starter and ability to lead engagements in fast-paced environment.
9. Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to distill and communicate technical material to non-technical business users.
10. Excellent facilitation skills and ability to build presentations, communicate effectively to business and IT executives, leaders and staff will be required.
11. Bachelors degree OR commensurate experience.
12. Valid drivers license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
Ability to travel as needed.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits and wellness, and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, flex-time, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield.
To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at westfieldinsurance.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.