SAP Solution Architect - Supply Chain - Illinois, United States,
The position will be involved in solving complex problems that arise during the planning and execution of different IT programs and projects as well as managing the SAP support activities.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Understands organization's vision, goals and strategies. Aligns department priorities appropriately, determines critical success factors, evaluates and pursues initiatives based on fit with strategies.
- Champion change and innovation. Stimulates creativity and innovation in others. Open to new ideas. Supports those who initiate change and take risks.
- Partner with business unit IT to formulate application strategies and roadmaps.
- Define templates, standards, and patterns to be used across project teams.
- Anticipates and recommends technical solutions to business problems. Accountable for maintainability, reliability, and availability of systems solutions relative to business expectations.
- Establish and maintain high-quality relationships with all levels across the company and with external partners.
- Manages 5 - 15 employees/contractors, direct/indirect at varying levels of the Project Management job family.
- Operates within well-defined expectations.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, preferably in software engineering, business, information systems or a discipline closely related to the client area served.
- Bachelor's degree and 14 years of experience; or Master's degree and 12 years of experience; or PhD and 6 years of experience.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience including 5 years hands on SAP configuration and implementation plus 1-2 years supervisory experience.
- Demonstrable end-to-end business process knowledge in supply chain processes
- Expert level knowledge in SAP logistics (Shipments, Transportation, Freight handling etc.), distribution (Warehouse operations and 3PL integrations), delivery processing, replenishment (inhouse, external), Sub-contracting, Procurement from (TPM).
- Expert level knowledge of handling integrations with 3PLs, 4PLs, JDA planning system and other critical systems (internal and external both).
- Exposure to planning processes, serialization (Track and Trace), integration with other areas like Mfg., Quality, Order to Cash and Finance
- Exposure of handling Idocs (EDI), background job (using Autosys), SAP system life cycle (SLC), documentation (in Solution Manager), testing (Quality Center).
- Experience with Digital Supply Chain enablement technologies including Robotic Process Automation(RPA), Internet of Things(IoT), and Big Data / AI
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards affecting Pharmaceutical Products (e.g. GMP).
- Managing SAP projects and teams; working knowledge of all aspects of the SAP ASAP methodology including Applications, Integration, Data, Security, Change Management, Training, and Communications.
- Hands-on experience planning and facilitating blue print workshops.
- Strong understanding of developing complex interfaces.
- Ability to resolve complex issues in high stress and high pressure situations.
- Effective communication and influencing Senior Leaders in business and IT.
- Critical Thinking.
- Coaching and mentoring business and IT resources to ensure effective and sustainable application designs.
- Ability to travel globally.
Key AbbVie Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally and with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the 'essence' and can change course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to realty
Position will be hired based on level of experience