SAP Concur - Senior Director, Product Management / Public Sector Job - Vienna , Virginia, United States, 22181
Work Area: Solution and Product Management
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Management
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
Reporting to the Vice President, Product Management, Expense this Sr. Director, Product Management Public Sector will be responsible for driving the global Product Management of the Public-Sector verticals globally. The ideal candidate should have a big-picture vision, a deep technical understanding of how the solutions looks today, how they can be transferred into the digital age of tomorrow and the drive to make that vision a reality. This individual will partner with Product peers, Product Portfolio, Global Product Marketing, Services, SAP Industry Management, Analysts and Marketing teams to deliver Public Sector focused products and services to market, in a manner that maximizes revenue through every channel, segment and region. He/she must enjoy spending time in the market to understand the problems and find innovative solutions for the broader Public-Sector environment and be able to communicate with all areas of the company.
* Partner with stakeholders to create products for Public Sectors globally.
* Enhance, create and coordinate the solution offerings for Public Sectors and lead them into the world of digitization.
* Act as a key contact for Development and other Product Manager / Product Owner's for all product questions around Public Sector processes and innovations.
* Provide guidance on individual solution strategies for Public Sector business processes.
* Work closely with Product Marketing, Distribution, Product Portfolio, and Services leadership globally to ensure alignment on strategy, requirements, and deliverables.
* Provide cross functional vision and leadership for Public Sector Products, accomplishments, and challenges.
* Serve as the internal and external evangelist for Public Sector product offerings.
* Responsible for creating business cases for major features and new products for the Public Sector in close collaboration with Product Portfolio Management.
* Manage Voice of the Customer focus groups.
* Work with the Business on retiring old technologies and moving the customers to a new, digital world.
* Be aware of and comply with all corporate policies.
Desired Education, Experience & Training:
* 10+ years in Product/Program Management roles - experience in Business Development, Sales or Strategic Planning a plus.
* Deep knowledge of typical Public-Sector processes (e.g. Funds and Grants Management).
* 7+ years Management experience.
* Knowledgeable in SaaS is a requirement.
* BS required, MBA preferred.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
* Ability to pass a background check.
Job Specific Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to motivate and drive your organizations (Line Management responsibility) along with other product areas without direct authority over those organizations.
* Extremely resourceful and able to leverage resources both internal and external to drive business performance.
* Strong core product management skills.
* Experience developing strategic business plans and pro forma financials.
* Ability to recognize and drive all the cross-functional activities necessary to support the Public-Sector offerings - e.g. client on-boarding and client support jointly with other SAP organizations.
* Strong experience and knowledge in Public Sector processes.
* Experience developing internal and external relationships.
* Track record of identifying risks to business performance and segment specific initiatives and defining mitigation strategies/contingency plans.
* Foster collaboration and comprise amongst the various cross-functional teams and effectively escalate critical risks & recommendations to Executive Leadership.
* Comfortable effectively working in matrix organizations collaborating with both Development and Product teams.
* Independent and strategic thinker requiring minimal supervision for decision-making and resolution of business performance obstacles and conflicts.
* SaaS industry experience and global business experience required.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team. (Americas: or , APJ: , EMEA: ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: ERP, SAP, Manager, Business Development, Program Manager, Technology, Management, Sales