Risk Advisory Senior - Miami, Florida, United States, 33101
Founded in 1969, MBAF is ranked nationally as a Top 40 accounting and advisory firm and has been named one of the Best of the Best firms in the country by INSIDE Public Accounting for many years running. And in 2017 and 2018, MBAF ranked as a Best Place to Work and #8 Largest Hispanic-Owned Business by the South Florida Business Journal and an Accounting Today Best Accounting Firm to Work. Because we are committed to creating an engaging and supportive workplace for our employees, we are especially honored to hold these titles.
More than 600 highly qualified employees serve domestic and international clients across a broad range of industries and practices from our offices across the country. We offer a complete portfolio of services including assurance, tax and accounting, advisory, private client wealth, and technology consulting. We are known for our expertise, reputation, hands-on service to our clients, and commitment to our community.
As a firm we work hard but also know how to play hard too! As an MBAF family, we attend sporting events which include baseball, basketball, football, and hockey for our local teams. In addition, we get together for "Happy Hour" (it's more than just an hour) throughout the year. Wear our MBAF shirts for bowling nights. We have internal clubs like The Women of MBAF, Emerging Leaders, etc.
We are also good community citizens as we are heavily involved in various non-profit initiatives with a strong desire to give back. Some of these events include beach clean-ups, Feeding South Florida, Back to school Drive, amongst other functions. Our Holiday parties are the talk of the town, every year tops the year before!
We believe in developing and mentoring our employees as for selfish reasons, we want you to stay! Therefore, we invest in you by tapping into your growth potential. Skies the limit at MBAF!
As a Risk and Transaction Advisory Senior at MBAF, you will be responsible for providing risk consulting and issues resolution to clients in the areas of SOX, internal audit, business process improvement, and information technology. In this role, the Risk and Transaction Advisory Senior will participate in all stages of an internal audit or consulting engagement and provide assistance with planning and report composition.
- Perform internal audit and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) 404 procedures in accordance with clients' audit plans and MBAF's internal audit and SOX 404 methodologies.
- Assist with M&A transaction services and the preparation necessary to file IPOs.
- Create work products such as audit procedures, analyses and engagement documentation.
- Evaluate and test processes and related controls.
- Assign and review work of staff and assist in the preparation of final reports.
- Plan engagements and develop timelines, risk assessments, and planning documents.
- Document business processes dependent on information technology.
- Demonstrate and apply a thorough understanding of complex business processes.
- Demonstrate and apply strong project management skills; inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members; and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor's in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- CPA certification is preferred; other certifications would be considered: CISA or CIA
- Two+ years of audit or applicable business experience (public accounting and SEC audit experience preferred)
- Significant experience SOX compliance
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
- Work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites
The perks of being an MBAF employee go far beyond the basics of a typical accounting firm. MBAF's staff can enjoy flexible work schedules with competitive salaries. We also provide Tuition Reimbursement to assist with your financial burden. We offer Learning and Development programs through our MBAF University. You will get to enjoy healthy snacks which include fresh fruit, an assortment of mixed nuts, as well as a variety of drinks - all day every day. Healthy meals catered on daily basis during busy season on us. Our benefits include healthcare coverage, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, 401K plan, paid transportation and parking (varies by office), and generous Paid Time Off (PTO) as well as Paid Holidays.
"At MBAF, we strive to create a supportive and enjoyable work environment for our employees because we understand that they are our greatest strength," said Tony Argiz, CEO and Chairman of MBAF.