Risk & Advisory Senior Audit Associate - Denver, Colorado, United States, 80201
Business risks abound in today's world. The rise of sophisticated data breaches coupled with the increased demands on organizational leaders make robust risk management policies essential. The Risk & Advisory Services practice of CBIZ, Inc. works with companies to address their unique risk factors to create efficiencies for their business and strengthen their infrastructure. The practice provides internal audit, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, cyber security and risk consulting services.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties:?
- As?a Senior Audit Associate , you will be a key member of the CBIZ Denver Risk and Advisory Team.
- You will participate in multiple engagements with public and private company clients usually in the mid-market ($100 million to $2 billion) range.
- You will be in charge of developing and executing annual audit plans, including documenting and testing processes and controls around financial and operational risks.
- Use your expertise to recognize internal control weaknesses, lack of compliance with internal procedures and policies, or other processes that result in inadequate, inefficient, or ineffective operations.
- You will have the opportunity to communicate directly with senior management and present valuable feedback and actionable recommendations to implement or enhance existing controls.
- You may be responsible for supervising and reviewing associates? work and providing constructive feedback.
- Bachelor?s degree required; Master?s degree preferred in Accounting, Taxation or related field preferred
- 3 years of experience in public accounting or related field
- 1 year supervisory experience preferred?
- CPA candidates preferred
- Ability to manage deadlines, work on multiple assignments and prioritize each assignment as necessary?
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Proficient use of applicable technology?
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs