RN, Performance Improvement Prog. Coord - Las Vegas, Nevada, United States, 89109
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? Here at HCA, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
Now celebrating more than 55 years in the community, Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center provides the most comprehensive, quality healthcare in Southern Nevada. As Las Vegas' largest acute care facility, Sunrise provides sophisticated inpatient and outpatient services to the community. Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center has been recognized with the following awards and accreditations:
- Consumer Choice Award recipient for 15 consecutive years
- Joint Commission Accredited
- American Stroke Association Get with The Guidelines Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award
- CARF Accredited Rehabilitation Unit
- Nursing Professionals Top 100 Hospitals to Work For
Join us as we achieve our Mission Statement:
Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center and Sunrise Children's Hospital are dedicated to providing an unparalleled level of measurable quality in the delivery of cost-effective, integrated healthcare services that are responsive to the needs of our patients, physicians, employees, and community.
Our employees come first. We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical coverage package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for your future with our matching 401k or opt-in for several other benefits including family and medical flex spending accounts, life insurance, and identity theft protection.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Performance Improvement Program Coordinator to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
The Performance Improvement Program Coordinator, under the direction of the Director of Quality Management, is responsible for assuring evidenced-based standards of care within assigned service lines are met as required by The Joint Commission, HCA, and other regulatory agencies. The Performance Improvement Program Coordinator is responsible for the coordination and implementation of performance improvement and patient safety activities within the assigned service lines. He/She monitors and trends the quality performance of the medical staff and serves as a liaison to the Medical Staff Leadership, Department Directors and Managers, and other key facility personal regarding quality and patient safety activities and projects that support regulatory compliance. He/She will function as a role model in quality methodology and the evaluation of performance data; providing guidance in new approaches as identified. He/She will take on other responsibilities as determined by the Director of Quality Management.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Graduate of accredited school of Nursing; BSN required
- MSN or Master's degree preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years recent clinical experience in an acute care facility.
- Prior experience as a Program Coordinator or Performance Improvement/Quality Coordinator preferred
- Current Nevada Registered Nurse License
- Physical Assessment
- Lab data interpretation
- Nursing Theory
- Basic computer and hospital informatics skills; Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with Joint Commission Core Measure requirements
- Ability to maintain professionalism and efficiency during stressful situations and appropriately manage conflict and displays positive attitude
- Strong computer skills, working knowledge of MS Office/Word, Excel) and Meditech preferred
Special Requirements :
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be detailed oriented and possess strong analytical and computer skills
- Ability to communicate with patients, physicians, and staff as appropriate.
- Public speaking skills
- Strong networking abilities
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) required within 2 years of hire.
- provided by Dice