RCM Business Performance Improvement Specialist - Boca Raton , Florida, United States, 33427
RCM Business Performance Improvement Specialist
This individual contributor is responsible for the development and implementation of performance and process improvements and training throughout the entire Revenue Cycle organization. Responsibilities will specifically be focused on supporting initiatives that create long term cash collection improvements as well as cost avoidance and savings with the strongest ROI.? Improvement areas include but are not limited to the front, mid, and back-end revenue cycle activities, associated processes (e.g. refund cycle), provider credentialing, system and process automation, and quality control. This individual is responsible for driving improvement with the cooperation of all departments who are impacted by the proposed changes. The individual will demonstrate competent data and process analytical skills, high accuracy, attention to detail, ability to train new and existing personnel, and will contribute to a positive team atmosphere through collaboration with other Performance Improvement Specialists and others impacted by the proposed changes.
Essential Job Functions: ??
- Serve as a change agent for the development and implementation of performance and process improvement ideas throughout the entire Revenue Cycle organization with a focus on long term cash collection improvement outcomes as well as cost avoidance and savings through operational efficiencies.
- Develop training and knowledge transfer programs, documents, and associated materials (e.g. webinars) in support of onboarding activities and upskilling for performance improvement.
- Drive improvement with the cooperation of all departments who are impacted by the proposed changes through collaboration to include idea/information sharing, documentation preparation, progress tracking and follow-up.
- Development and presentation of proposals and scheduled updates to include: performance improvement concepts, budgets and investment requirements, timing schedules, desired results, value propositions, prioritization schedules, ROI reports and other follow-up/measurement tools. Coordinate data collection and perform analysis either independently or in partnership with others.
- Document the performance improvement changes with a major focus on digital automation, creating business requirements and desk level procedures, as needed.
- Create Process Flow diagrams to identify areas of performance improvement, revenue and cash enhancement, and cost avoidance / reduction.
- Identify the scope of work through a discovery process including interviewing key personnel, documenting current processes, identifying current challenges, and data analysis.
- Build and maintain documentation repository for information sharing and training.
- Provide hands-on support at all levels to ensure successful implementation of change initiatives.
- Able and willing to work necessary hours to meet all project deadlines, travel when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned?
- Bachelor?s degree in Business Management or other related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in healthcare industry revenue cycle.
- Experience with operational workflow concepts, management-level reporting, control development and monitoring preferred.
- Demonstrated process improvement / training experience required. Lean/Six Sigma training a plus.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, Visio and Word.
- Working knowledge of EDI transactions desirable.
- Experience analyzing and interpreting data to draw conclusions and make recommendations.
- Able to work independently with minimal guidance and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to document complex issues and processes in detail.
- Able to communicate clearly and provide information or instruction to top level management, mid-level management, and employees.
Community / Marketing Title:
RCM Business Performance Improvement Specialist
Unified Physician Management, LLC (UPM) and its physician partners have assembled the nation?s largest network of Ob-Gyns operating in Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Washington, Texas, Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia. Through its partner organizations, Unified Women?s Healthcare, PL (UWH) and Capital Women?s Care, UPM has created the only national, private practice women?s health group with a singular vision of patient centered care and physician governance.
Established in 2009, UPM and its physician partners have set out to preserve personalized healthcare and be recognized as a premier thought leader in the field of women?s health. The goal is to preserve the private practice of medicine and preserve the economic security of Ob-Gyns for the foreseeable future.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package that includes health/dental/life/STD/LTD/vision insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) plan.??? This company is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.