Public Sector Sales Manager - Reston , Virginia, United States, 20190
ThreatQuotient's mission is to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of security operations through a threat-centric platform. By integrating an organization's existing processes and technologies into a single security architecture, ThreatQuotient accelerates and simplifies investigations and collaboration within and across teams and tools, supporting multiple uses cases including incident response, threat hunting, and serving as a threat intelligence platform. Through automation, prioritization and visualization, ThreatQuotient's solutions reduce noise and highlight top priority threats to provide greater focus and decision support for limited resources. ThreatQuotient is headquartered in Northern Virginia with European operations based in the United Kingdom, Germany and France. Asia Pacific operations are based out of Australia. ThreatQuotient is led by experienced security professionals from Cisco, Sourcefire, Symantec, iSight and General Dynamics and has as its' principle investors New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Adams Street Partners, Cisco and NTT Docomo.
Our team at ThreatQuotient is highly motivated, innovative, and passionate for providing excellent products and customer service. We look for individuals interested in growing with our company, and working in an exciting, open and collegial work environment.
Reporting directly to the SVP of Sales, the Public Sector Sales Manager will be responsible for all sales of ThreatQuotient technologies and associated services into US Government Departments, agencies and accounts (DOD, civilian and Intel), the top System Integrators and the tier 1 State and Local governments. This person will also work with the TQ channel manager to build channel relationships. Sales will be primarily to Government and SI organizations that are serious about solving the security problems of today. Account acquisition and planning, including sales forecasting, pipeline building, driving POCs and customer relationships will be required. ThreatQ is a start-up in a new security market segment. Candidate should have prior experience selling in an early stage start-up, targeting new account acquisition in a greenfield territory with strong knowledge of the security market place and the security operations process.
The Public Sector Sales Manager will have a demonstrable successful track record in:
- Building a territory and account attack plan in Government, System Integrators and S&L accounts.
- Prospecting in cooperation with an assigned lead development rep, lead follow up and account penetration ability with demonstrated success.
- Forecasting and reporting activity carefully, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Experience in project identification and opportunity discovery for pipeline development.
- Account opportunity qualification skills based on identifying the customer's profile (customer's ability to leverage the product), the customer's skill level with related technologies and their functional/stakeholder organizational structure.
- Able to gather the prospect requirements and tailor product positioning and demonstrations to fit needs.
- Proven experience working with internal technical resources (pre-sales systems engineer) and corporate functional departments to best position the company for a successful sales campaign.
- Creating and owning high-level relationships with assigned accounts to win ThreatQuotient business for the products and services.
- Providing customers and partners with pricing and configurations to meet their needs.
- Periodically advising ThreatQuotient executive management on the market conditions and requirements including Government certifications and compliance requirements.
- Working with the ThreatQuotient channel team to implement and execute a channel strategy appropriate for the territory and accounts.
- Building and executing on a business plan for the market sector to maximize revenues specifically including suggested marketing activities to generate awareness and demand.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in a direct selling position with experience selling security or closely related technologies.
- Experience working in a quota carrying capacity with individually identified sales goals.
- Direct touch sales combined with the ability to work with a motivated channel.
- Referenceable success in taking opportunities from inception to closure.
- Successful track record of meeting goals and objectives over a period of years.
- Experience in using sales tools such as Linked In, Discover Org and Rain King for account contact identification and pipeline development.
- Adept at communicating with a largely technical audience.
- Experience in applying solution-selling methodologies to maximize corporate revenue growth. Track record of closing both tactical and enterprise transactions.
- Good all round knowledge of Security market, Channel and End-Users.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Proactive with ability to succeed in an dynamic environment.
- Task/goal orientated and takes ownership.
- High level of attention to detail.
- We have found that the security teams that use our product are highly distributed and cross security disciplines. The candidate must be comfortable working in an office environment, selling both by using tools such as Go To Meeting to address these distributed account teams, but also be able to travel to visit accounts as appropriate during the sales cyclePrior start-up experience.
- A Bachelors level degree or equivalent technical qualification
- Professional sales training e.g. Strategic Selling, Power Base or Target Account Selling (TAS)