Public Safety Technology Analyst - Irvine , California, United States, 92606
SALARY: $75,691.20 - $119,059.20 Annually
Make a difference in your community and join a first-class department who embodies integrity, quality service, accountability, and respect.
The Public Safety Technology Analyst will plan, evaluate, and administer public safety technology and systems for the Irvine Police Department (IPD). This is a fast-paced dynamic environment that provides an opportunity to implement critical lifesaving technology and solve complex problems to keep IPD as an industry leader of public safety innovation.
- Plans, develops, and ensures successful completion of public safety IT projects.
- Troubleshoots technical issues and ensures operational effectiveness of technology.
- Supervises and mentors the technology and innovation team and develop their technical skills.
- Collaborates effectively with all levels of staff and department stakeholders to assess IT needs and set priorities.
- Stays up-to-date with technology trends and identifies areas to implement new technology which will enhance department efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develops the Public Safety Strategic Technology Plan.
- Find additional information in the Public Safety Technology Analyst job description.
- Strong problem solving ability to identify solutions to complex problems.
- Knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework and understanding of Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) methodology.
- Some experience and knowledge of MS SQL databases and reporting would be highly desirable.
- Knowledge of public safety systems such as, Computer Aided Dispatch, Records Management and Automated Field Reporting systems.
- Bachelor's degree in information management systems, computer science, systems analysis or a related field.
- Three years of progressively responsible experience in the analysis and design of application systems, including network systems or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
All applicants must be able to pass the Public Safety background check process.
To be considered for this position, please visit by July 22, 2019 for more information and to apply. EEO/ADA- provided by Dice