Public Relations Specialist in New York, New York | Careers at TLG NYC - New York , New York, United States, 10001
Travel Leaders Group () is transforming travel with a commitment to our vacation and business travel clients through our progressive approach toward each unique travel experience. Having already assisted millions of travelers, Travel Leaders Group manages leisure, business and franchise travel operations under a variety of diversified divisions and brands. With over 7,000 agency locations, Travel Leaders Group ranks as one of the industry's largest traditional travel agency companies.
The Public Relations Specialist will be responsible for overseeing the PR activities of multiple brands within Travel Leaders Group to raise the profile of those brands within consumer, trade, business and other media categories. The role will also encompass extensive writing, executive messaging and internal communications.
- Partner with business units to create story ideas on a wide variety of topics and conduct outreach to media to pitch coverage on Travel Leaders Group brands.
- Develop, write and distribute releases.
- Manage and respond to inbound media inquiries, including those on sensitive topics.
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists who cover a wide variety of subject areas including but not limited to consumer travel, travel trade, luxury travel, business travel, and meetings and conventions, etc.
- Write bios, backgrounders and fact sheets for use with media.
Executive and internal communications:
- Partner with the SVP and the VP on employee communications, Town Hall meetings and internal communications issues.
- Create alerts and talking points for travel advisors.
- Prepare executive presentations for internal and external purposes.
- Craft a variety of internal communications for individual business unit distribution.
- Write, update and post new content to company web site as needed.
- Create customized media distribution lists tailored to brand and topic.
- Track and report media coverage results.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in public relations, journalism or a related field.
- 3+ years of public relations experience, preferably within the travel industry.
- Exceptional written communications skills incorporating AP Style.
- Proven track record of effectively conceiving and pitching story ideas to reporters.
- Excellent communications planning skills.
- Ability to distill sometimes complex information into concise and effective message points.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work under pressure.
- Deadline-driven focus with ability to output assigned work rapidly.
- Strongly self-motivated; ability to work independently and take ownership of assigned responsibilities.
- Willingness to travel as needed for business purposes.