Public Relations Associate - Chicago, Illinois, United States, 60654
- Write and edit press releases, pitches and fact sheets.
- Monitor industry news and proactively identify opportunities to increase visibility and build brand awareness for GR, GRA & leaders.
- Staff professional media events and interact with journalists in person, on the phone and via written communications.
- Handle media for VPs of Mortgage Lending in markets throughout the U.S. - New Hire releases/media pitching and coordination.
- Create internal communication materials, including company-wide emails and employee Intranet content.
- Ghostwrite comments for executives and media train top originators.
- Manage and identify new opportunities for GR corporate awards, manage submissions, calendar.
- Build benchmarking reports & weekly GR newsletters, use Cision PR software and PR Newswire.
- Strong organizational skills and understanding of PR and journalistic principles.
- Knowledge of AP Style, grammar, attention to detail in editing.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Project Management for PR department, media monitoring (off-hours).
- Organization and superior knowledge of PR softwares, communication skills for outreach to reporters.
Required or Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree of Arts
- 3-5 years of PR experience
- Knowledge of Cision PR software and databases
- Strong skill-set in Project Management
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.