Project Mgr (Finance and Strategy) - Los Angeles , California, United States, 90001
The Project Manager, Finance and Strategy is primarily tasked with overseeing design and best practices for AEG Present's budgeting and forecasting processes and systems, utilizing a preselected software package, as well as integration with event booking, accounting, accounts payable, HR and marketing systems so that they meet all current and future business demands. Project Manager must have strong knowledge of budgeting and forecasting systems, as well as demonstrated ability to collaboratively design and implement system improvements on a global scale. Project Manager will be responsible for understanding business requirements from various stakeholders across the company and translate them into solutions and processes that work for all groups. Project Manager will also be expected to execute the product roadmap and vision for future enhancements and features related to the business systems.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects. Ensure resource availability and allocation. Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress. This person will assign tasks and follow up with task owners on completion of tasks. Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques. Report and escalate to management as needed. Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation. Track project performance via tracking system, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
- Be the spokesperson for AEG Presents new features and wants for budgeting and forecasting system, work with AEG Worldwide software package developers to customize implementation for AEG Presents needs and roll out to company. Design new features by talking with key contacts in related fields throughout company and using advanced system knowledge to propose best solution for future system use. Work with AEG Worldwide and software package developers to influence product roadmap. Assign priorities to all projects in task list for software package developers. Design and execute implementation plans and rollout schedules per senior management when necessary.
- Train employees and conduct discovery sessions. Tailor training sessions to each employee based on their specific job function and permissions set by their supervisor. Present budgeting and forecasting system technologies/methods as replacement for current procedures. Travel to new regional offices and venues as part of company implementation team
- Pull reports for executive staff, including flash reports and custom SQL (developer level) reports for advanced searches.
- Trouble-shoot/fix issues for users throughout company on all issues.
- Perform integrity checks to ensure data integrity in reporting.
1. A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year)
Area of Study: preferably in Business or Accounting-related field
2. Previous Project Management experience
3. A minimum of 5-7 years of related work experience
4. Candidate needs strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word.
5. Experience with project management applications such as Jira and Confluence required
6. Solid attention to details.
7. Strong written language /communication skills
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.