Project Manager - Quantitative Analytics Strategy - New York, United States,
Overall purpose of role
This role will support the delivery of trading related projects such as Fundamental Review of the Trading Book and other modelling and infrastructure projects. The role requires working on multiple projects concurrently and there is extensive opportunity to interact with and influence multiple stakeholders across many disciplines.
- Assist define the QA book of work in line with the overall QA strategy
- Work with QA teams to provide timely and accurate reporting on project status within QA and to key stakeholders
- Assist define end to end plans outlining project scope, data collection, model development and model approval activities in line with Barclays' model risk and execution risk policies and standards
- Gather and document modelling requirements
- Work with model developers and model owners to analyse modelling and implementation options
- Work with Technology partners to analyse and define data and system solutions to integrate QA models
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
The primary stakeholders for the role are within QA and its partners in Risk and Technology across all corporate levels. As such, the role requires strong interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt style to a wide range of people, selecting appropriate information for the audience.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
Working within QA on various projects, the role requires strong problem solving capabilities to identify and analyse possible approaches to allow informed decisions making by senior stakeholders.
- Ability to think independently to proactively challenge assumptions and identify issues and solutions
- Excellent organisational skills, with a flexible approach to work to adapt to changing priorities
- Effective and clear communication skills, both written and oral
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM/quantitative subject
- 3+ years of experience within financial services or consultancy/audit with some financial services exposure
- Broad knowledge of quantitative models and how they are used; with some experience with pricing and Market Risk
- Experience of large model design and implementation projects
- Familiar with capital requirements and other regulatory requirements
- Experience of business process change or project management role within a large multi-national banking environment