Project Employee, Digital Content Strategy - New York , New York, United States, 10001
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league's on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world's most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA's success.
This position is part of the NBA Digital Content Strategy group which focuses on guiding, monetizing and tracking our content throughout all of the league's digital and social platforms. This position will work closely with our content publishers in the NBA's Emerging Media department to assess real-time performance of the NBA's digital content and provide reporting and competitive analysis to leadership.
- Real-time social media tracking across all of the NBA's owned and operated handles in addition to NBA, WNBA, G League and 2K teams
- Monitoring player and team conversation across all platforms and reporting on those insights Disseminating ad hoc metrics and social sentiment reports chronicling important issues across the league
- Work closely with content publishers to help guide their social strategy to optimize viewership, reach and engagement
- Serve as link between Public Relations and content team to keep league officials apprised of issues that arise on game night
- Provide competitive analysis on competing leagues and team's social and digital strategy
- Deeply knowledgeable and passionate about the NBA, WNBA, NBA G League and NBA 2K League and their players, coaches, and teams
- Knowledge of basketball and the rules of the game
- Strong knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
- Strong writing and communication skills, as well as ability to execute editorial judgment
- Ability and willingness to work on deadline and handle multiple tasks at once with precision
Bachelor's Degree in Communications or related field preferred
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Content Strategy, Social Media, PR, Marketing