Program Director (Public Cloud) - Roanoke, Texas, United States, 76262
This particular position will lead the Program Management of Schwab's Public Cloud efforts. This is a groundbreaking effort that will change the way we operate in the years to come.
Program Directors are responsible for the successful execution of a diverse set of projects supporting organizational strategies. They build and lead the critical relationships with project executives across the organization, and directly lead all aspects of work produced and delivered by their project teams. They provide regular, significant feedback on the performance of resource/staff assignments on their projects and programs.
- Deftly navigate organizational structure/politics to influence program direction, decisions and delivery to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Act as a thought partner to project sponsors and clients; Collaborate to identify unarticulated needs and improve business benefits; Able to represent executive viewpoints.
- Understand project interdependencies and anticipate/handle/mitigate risks at a program/portfolio level.
- Drive to complete program planning and execute roadmaps. Provide supervision, mentorship and direction to project teams to ensure successful execution. Ensure quality and evidence of project documentation.
- Ensure program/project financials adhere to and align with budgetary expectations; Able to run to a plan; Recommend solutions and report out to organizational executives on risk, financials, and other key dimensions; Ensure individual project forecasts are accurate, and that variances are raised appropriately.
- Effectively communicate project messages at appropriate level of detail across all levels of the organization.
- Encourage project team members to improve their own performance; engage and motivate teams to go beyond their role expectations, to help each other, and to exceed goals.
- Extensive experience in managing technology projects, with a strong working knowledge of common technologies utilized in corporate environments.
- Experience with Public Cloud adoption or implementations is preferred
- Experience as a technology manager, architect or developer is preferred. Computer Science or equivalent degree preferred
- Bachelor's degree with 12+ years of experience with project management and people management, running multiple large, complex and multi-functional projects, with emphasis on product development, systems, and technical environments successfully in a highly matrixed organization (previous experience functioning in a Professional Services business model)
- Demonstrable ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors, key partners and staff; set direction and approach; resolve conflict; deliver tough messages with grace; execute with limited information and ambiguity
- Sound business and technical acumen with excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Focused and versatile standout colleague that is comfortable under pressure
- Demonstrated and applied experience establishing and delivering complex projects and extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management tools and methodologies