Principal Strategy Consultant, Radius Innovation Consulting - San Jose , California, United States, 95111
Radius is a global strategy and innovation consulting firm serving the IoT, Digital, consumer, healthcare, packaging and commercial/industrial markets. At Radius, our secret ingredient is our people. We hire talented individuals with a passion for delivering results that know how to discover, design, develop and deliver products that are better than anything on the market today. We build multi-disciplinary teams of business strategists, researchers, designers, human factors specialists, engineers, quality, and manufacturing experts who thrive on solving our clients' most complex challenges for bringing successful products to market.
Join our award winning team if you want to sharpen your skills and geek out on a variety of projects. It goes without saying; we offer a dynamic, fast-paced work environment with plenty of growth opportunities, excellent compensation, and benefits.
STRATEGY PRACTICE AND THE ROLE
Radius has a unique one-of-a-kind strategy practice that draws on deep principles of both quantitative-hypothesis driven business strategy and qualitative user-centric consumer strategy. At Radius, we test the boundaries of strategy consulting with every project and deliver outcome based strategies for our clients. We work on cutting edge Digital transformation and IoT projects. We have a team of talented MBA's and Ethnographic Researchers from reputed schools and companies. This team works in a collaborative fashion to solve tough future facing strategy problems.
In this role, you will be responsible for handling digital strategy projects end-end; from hypothesis development to the delivery of final strategy in the form of client pitches. You will be working alongside the Principal Ethnographic researcher to integrate consumer insights with business strategy to deliver outcome based business strategies. This position will report directly to the Director of Strategy, Radius San Jose with significant and collaborative interaction with members of the design, engineering, research, human factors, and business development teams. You will help the Director to build out tools and methods for strategy and help hire other Jr. strategists. You will also help the Director with writing business proposals and attend client project scope meetings.
This role will be central to the strategy team in our San Jose office and will be the backbone of forming our strategy culture, offerings and building our business.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES*Manage strategy projects end-end by developing strategy frameworks, forming a hypothesis, collecting and analyzing the data to draw strategic insights and pitch actionable ideas to clients to deliver to the project goals.
* Ability to develop deep business insights that lead to actionable strategies.
* Ability to appreciate and understand the importance of connecting the user-centric research to actionable, quantified business outputs.
* Mentor jr.strategists to engage in business analysis and build out a collaborative, engaging research culture.
* Develop a toolkit of strategic frameworks and Radius Strategy IP
* Engage in business development and project scope planning to help Director of Strategy.
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND AND MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE
* MBA from Tier-1 schools preferred but not required
* 2+ years experience in a management consulting firm or innovation consulting firm or equivalent strategy roles.
* 5+ years of experience with a focus on product and business strategy
* Design Thinking experience is a plus
* Experience with IoT, Digital, Software, Retail, Consumer markets is a plus.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
* Strong strategic, creative and conceptual skills
* Solid working knowledge and experience in business strategy and research including financial 10k analysis, competitive analysis, segmentation, market sizing, etc.
* Skilled in the timely preparation of insightful client presentations.
* Ability to lead in a highly collaborative and team-oriented environment
* Ability to manage multiple projects in parallel
* Strong command of verbal and written communication, with refined interpersonal skills
Jabil is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.