Principal Analyst - Supply Chain Information Systems - Thousand Oaks , California, United States, 91358
The individual will be responsible for achieving the following objectives:
- Own and support planning software and strategic roadmap of Integrated Business Planning capabilities for Global Supply Chain (i.e. Technological capability for Inventory Planning, Capacity Planning, Dashboard and analytics)
- Lead as a technology authority in the development and improvement of platform solution to meet the growing need of planning processes
- Act as IS owner and representative of the planning software, an essential business and IS partnership in driving forward planning capabilities
- Work with onshore/offshore Anaplan model builders for system capabilities, improvements and support to meet the needs of the Integrated Business Planning process.
- Lead technical development and partnership with the external consulting teams
- Develop roadmap for capabilities of Global Supply Chain planning processes
- Develop approach and align business requirements along solutions life-cycle
- Work with and educate key partners in the organization, including Operations, Finance and Commercial, to design the most effective planning process
- Develop new capabilities, new functionality, provide post-implementation user support, design a sustainment model and build improvements
Responsibilities also include:
- Standardize & automate activities using the platform solutions (i.e. Anaplan, SAP, Tableau etc)
- Communicate and collaborate with diverse key partners including Global supply chain, Operations, Finance and Commercial to identify business requirements and provide experienced guidance on the best approaches to build efficient models
- Prepare and communicate regular project updates to key partners including senior management.
- Work with Global Supply Chain, Finance and Commercial to ensure the integrity of the data flows to and from internal systems
Doctorate degree plus 2 years of Information Systems experience
Master's degree plus 6 years of Information Systems experience
Bachelor's degree plus 8 years of Information Systems experience
Associate's degree plus 10 years of Information Systems experience
High school diploma / GED plus 12 years of Information Systems experience
- 2 plus years of experience crafting, modeling and deploying models with widely used planning and analytics applications such as Anaplan, Hyperion, SAP, Tableau etc
- Familiarity in working using Agile methodology for software development
- Self-starter with high attention to detail, able to work independently
- Familiarity with AWS, EDL, BOM structure and working with large data structures
- Good communications skills with all levels of an organization (written and oral)
- Good understanding of finance, sales operations and supply chain
- Experience in working in and between business/finance operations and IT
- Ability to translate complex information into comprehensive, concise and high-quality business requirements that resonate with partners
- Excellent project management skills and ability to effectively balance multiple ongoing projects to meet deadlines
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering creative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and uses its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission - to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, balanced lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.