Principal, Management Consulting - Washington , Washington DC, United States, 20022
CBIZ CMF is a division of CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) with a service line focused on mergers, acquisitions, and transitions for private equity-backed firms across North America.? Our professionals are dynamic, operations-oriented financial executives who are accustomed to the issues, ambiguity, and interpersonal dynamics of businesses going through transitions and transactions.? Culturally, the division is an entrepreneurial, service-oriented, and team-centric, meritocracy.? We are looking for ?A? players to round out our team.
CBIZ CMF is fortunate to have additional scale and competencies through our parent company CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) and their over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 employees in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities in the U.S.? In partnership with our parent company, additionally, we are able to offer a comprehensive set of services including: Tax, Audit, Valuation, Risk & Advisory, Corporate Recovery, Benefits, Property & Casualty and other insurance related services.?
CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions:?2019 America's Best Mid-Size Employers by Forbes, 2019?Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services?by Great Place to Work? and FORTUNE, 2019 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence, and one of the Top 101 highest scoring companies in the country for Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources.
About the Team
The Principal will be a full-time permanent role supporting the Management Consulting team.? The Management Consulting team helps our clients solve their toughest problems including defining, evaluating and executing against various operational strategies related to carve-outs and post-merger integration, performance improvement, and deal readiness. We analyze market trends and businesses to help our clients gain the right perspective in order to stay focused and maintain their competitive edge. We support our clients at both the business unit and corporate level to develop and execute sustainable changes that are focused on value expansion and value capture and ultimately drive an increase to shareholder value.
As a Principal, you would be expected to successfully lead a client engagement that typically would include an analysis, planning and/or execution phase. You would also be expected to lead a team that has extensive consulting and industry experience and is custom designed to help our clients solve their most complex business issues. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Interface with mid-senior level clients on a day-to-day basis to actively plan, manage and execute engagement level project initiatives and deliverables.
- Manage all aspects of client engagements and coordinate the activities or multiple workstreams and the associated workplans and resources
- Tasks include but are not limited to project management, project status reporting, solution analysis and delivery, client relationship management, status tracking and reporting, and benefits realization
- Engagement management responsibilities could include executive team meeting planning and facilitation, project stream coordination and integration, issue resolution and escalation, stakeholder communications & management, risk management and benefits tracking
- In addition to engagement management, lead specific workstreams or serve as a subject matter expert for your project or another engagement.
- Proactively work with CBIZ CMF leadership to ensure that all appropriate CBIZ expertise is leveraged to optimize the client solution
- Be actively involved in business expansion within the existing client or provide support for business development of new clients
- Directly manage relationships with mid-senior client executives, as well as operational level managers.
- Be an active participant in the development of your own and your team members? skillsets
- Master?s Degree; MBA Preferred
- 6+ years of experience in either Consulting or relevant industry roles
- 4+ years of experience in one or more of the following: carve-outs and post-merger integration, performance improvement and major operational consolidation design and execution, and deal readiness.
- 4+ years of performance improvement or transformation experience related to two or more of the following; sales & marketing, operations, manufacturing, supply chain, customer service, finance & accounting, strategic procurement and organizational development
- 4+ years of program and project management leadership experience, preferably for a management or operational consulting/advisory organization
- 3+ years of supervisory and employee development experience
- Understanding of the M&A lifecycle and private equity investment process
- Experience with two or more of the following methodologies; Business Process Reengineering (BPR), Lean Six-Sigma, Agile / Scrum, Customer Segmentation, Organizational Effectiveness, Sale & Marketing Effectiveness, Maintenance Excellence, Supply Chain Integration.
- Experience in one or more of the following industries: Consumer Markets, Technology, Healthcare, Manufacturing & Distribution, and Professional and Industrial Services.
- Demonstrated experience in developing engagement proposals, plans, deliverables and reports
- Experienced working with large amounts of information to develop quantitative and qualitative analyses that will inform the client deliverables
- ?Experience leveraging project learnings to help develop service offerings and project activity and reporting templates
- Experience facilitating working sessions to gather data and understand the client?s issues and perspectives
- Demonstrated ability to communicate confidently, professionally and effectively using a variety of styles to effectively interact at any level
- ?Strong critical, creative, strategic and operational thinking skills to frame and solve complex issues
- Excellent time management and organizational abilities
- High degree of accuracy and efficiency with attention to detail
- Highly adaptable, flexible and client service focused
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment and meet tight deadlines
- Bachelor?s degree required
- 4 years of experience in either Consulting or relevant industry roles, with a minimum of 2 years in Consulting/Advisory
- 2 years of supervisory experience
- Ability to manage all aspects of client engagements
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Proficient use of applicable technology ? especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs