Practice Director - Smart Technology Solutions - San Francisco , California, United States, 94103
GHD is one of the world's leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation. With a global network of 10,000 professionals, we combine the benefit of local knowledge with an ability to access our people from anywhere, helping clients enjoy the rewards of one GHD network.
A new business group, GHD Digital and Innovation, addresses our clients' needs to drive efficiencies and growth across their businesses. Drawing upon our technical specialization, sound business acumen and experience in digital technology, we devise innovative solutions and cost-effective strategies to maximize value for money and deliver exceptional project outcomes for our clients.
The role: Reporting to the Regional Market Leader, as our Practice Director - Smart Technology Solutions, you will be responsible for creating the strategy to grow the business, developing strong relationships with new and existing clients as well as the hands on delivery of complex and interesting projects. This role will be based out of Silicon Valley, California or the Greater Toronto Area. Key responsibilities include:
- Oversees complex digital engagements acting as the key relationship manager with clients
- Understand, develop and deliver digital solutions based on client needs
- Lead the development strategies and identify new opportunities
- Position GHD as first choice in the minds of the client
- Actively drive growth of digital capabilities and revenue channels
- Build effective relationships with internal GHD teams
- Contributes towards the achievement of revenue, utilisation and productivity targets
- Creates an environment where people are supported to innovate and experiment. Fosters a team environment of idea generation and creative thinking
- 8 years + experience within digital, consulting or engineering in a similar role
- Degree qualification in a related discipline
- Solid understanding of digital transformation
- Client-centric with a passion for engaging with key clients
- Well-developed communication skills to facilitate client engagement
- Respectful and assertive
- Hungry to win
- Persistent and consistent in approach
- Entrepreneurial and innovative
- Positive and optimistic
- Curious; listens and learns
- Ability to influence
- Results driven
This is a lifetime opportunity for individuals who are driven, passionate and looking to be challenged in their leadership and career development. To learn more about why GHD is the perfect place to bring your career, apply today and check out our website at
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
- Attractive compensation package with generous PTO and paid holidays
- Opportunity to join ESOP
- Staff discounts on selected gyms, fitbits etc.
- Medical, Dental and Vision and access to an employee assistance program
- A variety of flexible working arrangements
- An inclusive environment that wins awards for workplace diversity