Personal Systems Strategy Principal - San Diego, California, United States, 92101
Personal Systems Strategy Principal
Join the high impact, high visibility Strategy Team for Personal Systems-a $35B+ business within a Fortune 100. The team sets and aligns the organization on the Personal Systems (PS) strategy and works across the organization to operationalize-a hands on strategy team working very closely with executives and the businesses to turn insights into strategy, actions and results. This role will identify and evaluate sources of growth for Personal Systems, develop strategies to achieve long-term financial goals, assess organic and inorganic opportunities, and align the organization on key priorities.
Ideal candidates have at least 7-10 years of work experience, a top 10 MBA and at least 3 years within a Big 3 consultancy with relevant case / project work in strategy and operations disciplines and with clients in the technology or consumer electronics industries.
This Strategy Principal will report to the Head of Personal Systems Strategy and work collaboratively with executives (President, Functional Vice Presidents and General Managers) and working teams (Directors, Senior Managers, etc.).
- Existing Business Areas : Assess and develop strategies and recommendations to unlock new growth or optimization opportunities within Personal Systems- current business areas (including business cases) and influence executives and teams to take action on your recommendations
- New Business Areas : Develop theses on new areas or markets PS should enter to realize profitable growth, including the strategies, action plans and supporting business cases to enable executive decision making
- Inorganic Strategy : Help define the Personal Systems Inorganic strategy and assess potential targets for suitability for acquisition or equity investment
- Organic Investment Strategy : Provide strategic advice on investment priorities for organic and inorganic investment
- Industry Insights : Conduct regular analysis of industry trends, competitive threats, expansion opportunities and internal performance
- Strategy Articulation : Help set / refine and communicate Personal Systems- portfolio and business strategy to various stakeholders (Employees, Corporate, Board, Investors)
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Problem Solving : Approaches problems in a rational manner using sound strategies that ensures comprehensive understanding and effective resolution; leverages data-driven-insight approach
- Growth strategy and operations : experience developing organic and inorganic growth strategies for businesses and/or strategies for operational improvement
- Business and Financial Acumen : Exhibits business and financial acumen to develop meaningful business recommendations; Ability to "connect the dots" between business strategy/initiatives, operational plans and financial performance
- Leadership and project management : Able to contribute effectively in a complex environment, and deliver results; able to influence without direct authority; able to balance between competing priorities and be flexible and creative
- Team building : Able to work well in a highly matrix organization
- Executive Communication : Able to communicate effectively across multiple levels in HP, including credible communications at senior executive levels
Education and Experience Required
- 7-10 years total experience with 3+ years of post-MBA experience
- 3+ years of management consulting (experience at a Big 3 / Top 9-strategy and operations consulting experience, advising and coaching senior executives (McKinsey, BCG, Bain, Monitor Deloitte, Strategy &, etc.)
- Demonstrated quantifiable results of leading business strategy consulting projects at a corporate/business level; demonstrated ability to deliver results with large-scale, cross-functional teams
- Experience in technology industries preferred
- MBA highly desired, or advanced university degree. Bachelor-s degree required
This position will be based in San Diego.
- provided by Dice