Parent and Family Engagement Coordinator (Meridian Public Charter Scho - Washington , Washington DC, United States, 20001
ABOUT MERIDIAN PCS
Meridian Public Charter School is located in the Nation's Capital. We are a rigorous PreK - 8th grade school, which academically and socially prepares its diverse student population to be successful in an increasingly global and technology based society. We aim to do this by creating a secure, high energy and hands on environment where students can be excited about the learning process. Our goals are to provide a thorough foundation of knowledge and create a lifelong love of learning.
For additional information about Meridian PCS visit mpcs-dc.org .
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are seeking a Family & Community Engagement Coordinator to support Meridian family engagement, student enrollment, and community partnerships through communication, events, and relationship building. The Family & Community Engagement Coordinator reports to the Manager of School, Family and Community Engagement and is responsible for the following:
- Serve as a point of contact for family concerns and refer parents/guardians to appropriate school administrators or social service providers; maintain the school's Parent Center so that it is a welcoming and useful resource for all families
- Manage outreach initiatives to increase student enrollment, strengthen community partnerships, and offer families new opportunities for involvement in the Meridian community
- Develop and distribute Meridian's internal and external communications and expand the school's social media presence
- Cultivate external partnerships with local businesses, non-profit organizations, and neighborhood groups to support student and family needs and strengthen Meridian's ties to the local community
- As a member of the Enrollment/Recruitment Team, assist with student recruitment and enrollment including organizing Open Houses, conduct school tours, respond to questions about application procedures, and complete residency verification including conducting home visits as necessary
- Assist with the planning, coordination, execution, and data collection for school events, campaigns, and theme weeks
- Liaise with the school's Parent Teacher Association (PTA) and other parent-led initiatives
- Serve as one of the school's trained medication administrators; Meridian will provide training in First Aid and Epipen administration with partner organizations
- Provide Attendance Clerk/Receptionist desk coverage as necessary, including supporting daily attendance procedures, contacting families, and scheduling meetings.
Ideal candidates will have the following education and experience:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university required
- Bilingual Amharic/English or Spanish/English is strongly preferred
- Two or more years of experience in a school or youth services organization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to articulate the school's mission, vision, core values, strengths, policies and procedures in public settings
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated success working with diverse families
- Proficiency in Google Suite Apps
- Experience with Student Information Systems such as PowerSchool is strongly preferred
- Experience using electronic communication platforms such as Swift Reach, Remind, and MailChimp, and desktop publishing and design software such as Adobe Suite and apps such as Canva, Poster My Wall, and Piktochart
- Commitment to build school, family and community partnerships that support improved student outcomes.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin or ancestry, marital status, veteran's status, or any other factor, which would constitute a violation of the D.C. Human Rights Act or other applicable laws or court order.