PS Strategy & Special Projects Director - Everett, Washington, United States, 98201
Position Title: PS Strategy & Special Projects Director
Company Name: The Everett Clinic
Sector: Human Resources
Job Type: Full-time
JOB SUMMARY: The People Services Strategy and Special Projects Director will lead high priority strategic and operational initiatives reporting to the VP People Services. The Director will play a key role as a thought partner, strategic leader, and internal consultant. This position is also responsible for driving people-focused initiatives within the department and for the Region, including acquisitions, and monthly reporting on results. Finally, this Director will take on many responsibilities of a chief of staff, helping draft communications and ensuring the department functions smoothly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment.
- Play a key role in the development of department strategy and initiatives
- Develop People Services (PS) metrics and track the progress of goals, strategies and initiatives for the department and for region
- Develop insights that lead to differential growth
- Plan strategy sessions with stakeholders
- Drive the work of multi-disciplinary teams
- Lead the presentation and recommendation of action steps
- Partner with the national PS analytics team on creation of dashboards and other reporting
- Partner with the business development team on local People Services pre-close and integration activities for the WA region
- Prepare presentations to share with leadership including the executive team
- Responsible for synthesizing numerous sources of data and key analysis and translating into specific actions
- Draft People Services communications for WA region and partner with Communications team
- May supervise People Services teammates in HRIS, Benefits, Compensation or Program Management
- Act in the absence of the VP, People Services
Duties listed below are integrated into all job functions:
- All staff members are to promote a positive and productive work environment by acting maturely and responsibly, satisfactorily performing his or her job responsibilities and conducting themselves in a professional, courteous and respectful manner toward fellow employees, physicians and patients.
- Must relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: (a) get along with co-workers or peers without exhibiting behavioral extreme; (b) perform work activities requiring negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others; and (c) respond openly and appropriately to feedback regarding performance from a supervisor.
- Performs all duties in a manner which promotes and supports the Core Values and Compact of The Everett Clinic.
- Integrates Lean principles, practices and tools to improve operational efficiency, reduce costs and increase customer satisfaction.
- Frequently must follow written and oral instructions as well as complete routine tasks independently.
- Completes annual compliance training on HIPAA/Privacy/Confidentiality/Non-Discrimination/Harassment/Integrity Statement and signs Agreements.
- Ensures confidentiality of patient information following HIPAA guidelines and TEC policies.
- Attends training to meet requirements of the job position and as needed or mandated by TEC policies, Div. of Occupational Safety & Health (DOSH), OSHA, L&I and other state/federal regulations.
- Has regular and predictable attendance.
NON- ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:2% Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Note that these requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and ability required to perform this job.
Knowledge: Keen understanding and passion for healthcare.
Skills: Outstanding conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills. Demonstrated interpersonal, collaborative, and relationship-building skills. Ambitious and pro-active with strong team leadership skills. Strong desire to manage, develop and mentor other teammates.
Abilities: Strong overall ability to have impact across a range of functions and disciplines. Ability to engage directly with senior level executives (e.g., CEO, President, etc.). Strong influencing skills; track record of successful client relationship development and ability to quickly build credibility and gain the confidence of individuals at all levels. Strong sense of accountability; passion for owning multiple projects and driving them to completion. Team player with the ability to sell change effectively. Strong verbal and written communications, including presentation skills
Education: MBA or advanced degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum of three (3) years in leadership roles. Supervisory experience and human resources experience, preferred.
Certificate/License: Project Management certification preferred.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Typical office conditions and noise level is usually quiet. Interaction with others is busy, constant and occasionally interruptive. Work may be demanding at times. May require ability to work irregular hours.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CONTACT: Physicians, employees, patients, public and possibly vendors.
Job descriptions represent a general outline of job duties, functions and qualifications. They are not intended to be comprehensive in nature. In addition, jobs evolve over time and therefore their description may not reflect the precise nature of the position at a given point in time.