Outsourcing Procurement Agent - Watertown, Wisconsin, United States, 53094
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Other Protected Category
Country: United States
Location: Watertown, WI, US
Employment type: 953
Country: United States (US)
Location: [[city]], Wisconsin (US-WI)
At Konecranes, we believe that great customer experience is built on the people behind the Konecranes name - people committed to providing our customers with lifting equipment and services that lift their businesses. Everything we do, we do with passion and drive. This is what makes Konecranes a unique place to work.
POSITION TITLE: Outsourcing Procurement Agent
REPORTS TO: Purchasing manager
Konecranes has an opening for a Sub-Contracting Purchasing Agent and, depending on candidate qualifications, this position could be a senior level to entry level position.
This Candidate will work with our manufacturing and scheduling teams to purchase raw steel fabrication kits as well as subcontracting of outside operations for our Watertown Parts Manufacturing Center (PMC).
- Create purchase orders daily for our internally fabricated items that need processing outside of our machining capabilities.
- Obtain Quotes and purchase raw steel fabricated kits for items being made at the PMC.
- Work with suppliers to resolve non-conforming product issues and expedite orders as needed.
- Approve PO invoices for payment and reconcile receipt of invoice discrepancies from suppliers.
- Work with Corporate Purchasing to identify and best utilize a network of preferred suppliers.
- Identify and implement cost saving initiatives.
- Responsible for daily review of open purchase requisitions and escalate any delays to the appropriate persons.
- Act on system generated material exceptions, expediting, delaying or cancelling on-order material as necessary, and communicating results to the required group or individual.
- Perform continuous system maintenance in SAP at the part number, supplier, and Purchasing Agent levels to assure system integrity is intact and information is correct for all viewers.
- Evaluate effectiveness of suppliers in terms of (1) pricing and cost reductions, (2) on time delivery performance, and (3) consistent quality.
- The Sub-Contracting Purchasing Agent is responsible for communicating all component requirements to the potential supply sources, assuring strict conformance to Konecranes product specifications and quality program.
- Work within the team including customer service, and other internal groups to determine the best methods of supporting customers.
- Some travel may be required to visit suppliers; other Konecranes locations as well as corporate headquarters for training. Travel can be up to 10%.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: Knowledge of SAP, manufacturing processes, technical drawings, and Microsoft Office is preferred.
*KC #monus #cbus #nxt
Konecranes is a world-leading group of Lifting Businesses?, serving a broad range of customers. We are truly a global company with 16,000 employees at 600 locations in 50 countries. For over 80 years, we have been dedicated to improving the efficiency and performance of businesses in all types of industries. We believe that sustainable growth is a result of a strong responsible performance. .
Konecranes is a global leader in the manufacturing and service of industrial overhead cranes and lifting equipment. For over 80 years, we've been dedicated to improving safety and productivity of businesses in all types of industries, including manufacturing and process industries, nuclear and renewable energy, shipyards, ports and terminals. Our strength comes from our continuous commitment to provide equipment and service that people can trust, accompanied by innovative technologies designed to improve performance, reliability and safety in every part of business operations that involve heavy lifting.