Microsoft 365 Practice Director - Boston, Massachusetts, United States, 02108
Spyglass hires people who are professional consultants in addition to being highly competent performers in their specific discipline. Our business is to profitably help our clients solve their business problems and achieve their objectives. As a result, functional capability is an assumed baseline for all our people.
The Microsoft 365 Practice Director is a senior business manager who has ownership for all aspects of a defined Practice. This includes the quality of all efforts undertaken by the organization, the growth and development of the organization, and the achievement of all goals (specifically financial). Practice Directors are experts in their field, offering advice and making project planning decisions for multiple specialized and complex projects. Practice Directors act in a supervisory capacity relative to personnel within their specific set of projects.
The Microsoft 365 Practice Director sets the strategy of their organization and provides context for those who work for and with them. Directors can effectively balance short- and long-term goals, optimizing their success over all time scales. This anticipation includes understanding technology trends and demands to work with the organization to ensure proper skills training and hiring.
The Microsoft 365 Practice Director always places their organizations needs in the context of the overall needs of the firm. Whatever level of formal P&L responsibility, they have sufficient general management orientation to seek to understand the P&L impact of their strategies and decisions.
Microsoft 365 Practice Director Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Spyglass sales team to deliver professional, strategic, and solutions-oriented proposals to our client prospects, including estimating, high-level solution development, cloud strategy, and workshop delivery.
- Engage in a range of pre-sales activities both customer facing and internal to help drive and win new business.
- Tailoring and architecting complex large-scale M365 migrations/transformations to meet the needs of the client.
- Demonstrate functional knowledge and technical expertise in the M365 and On-Prem migration environments, promote innovative solutions to our customers, and develop relationships with key customer stakeholders to help them achieve their business goals.
- Lead technical discussions with senior client executives that drive decisions and implementation.
- Stay current with latest M365 features and technology and be able to relay that information to Spyglass team members and clients.
- Work with the Spyglass management team to design sales and implementation processes/methods.
- Develop presentations (PPT) using existing and new content material to address specific client challenges.
- Build partnerships with key technical and business leaders within the organization to drive thought leadership around improved and new service offerings and potential product and tool development.
- Manage the development of Statements of Work for new project opportunities.
- Drive the estimation of work effort for project opportunities to ensure profitable delivery
- Build relationships and work closely with the Microsoft Northeast Modern Work Place CSU, SSP and TSPs.
Microsoft 365 Practice Director Additional Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide coaching, guidance and leadership to colleagues, sharing knowledge and experience through formal and informal knowledge management initiatives.
- Host, and organize with other architects, lunch presentations for the internal team to share and discuss latest trends/best practices.
- Help recruit new team members.
- Be open to travel in and around greater New England typically in the form of day trips within Providence, Boston, and Hartford.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science (or related field) and a minimum of 8 years of overall experience within information technology
- Deep and demonstrated understanding of the Microsoft 365 suite of solutions, including but not limited to:
- Exchange/Exchange Migrations with demonstrated experience with Exchange on-premise to Microsoft 365 and Azure-hosted solutions
- Third party migration tools for Exchange Server and Microsoft 365
- Active Directory & Active Directory Federation Services
- Experience with Microsoft 365 Suite and EMS in either a technical Administration, Solution Architecture, pre-sales, posts-sales, or training capacity
- OneDrive, Teams, Yammer, Skype for Business, Intune
- Professional and consultative mindset with commitment for excellent customer service
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to come up with creative solutions for ambiguous problems and learn quickly
- Problem-solving and analytical skills are critical for this role
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Solid understanding and proven understanding of SharePoint 2010/2013, Microsoft 365 / SharePoint Online, Web parts, Visual Studio, AJAX, SQL Server, Web services, WCF, SharePoint Designer, SharePoint features, Visual Studio, BDC/BCS, ASP.NET, .Net, WWF
- Microsoft Office 365 certified (MCSA) or willing to obtain certification is preferable
- Project management skills/experience.
- Prior consulting / contracting experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.