Medical Director of Advisory Services - Phoenix, Arizona, United States, 85002
For those considering a future as a physician executive, this role is an excellent professional development opportunity! As Medical Director of Advisory Services, you will work elbow-to-elbow with physicians, staff, hospital leadership, and utilization management personnel to provide direct education and support in key areas including patient status, clinical documentation, compliance, and utilization management (UM)
Serve as a process improvement leader who can extend Sound's reach across hospital teams
- Act as a bridge between medical staff and case management, interpreting the most complicated UM issues and serve as an expert resource for other clinicians
- Ensure clinicians receive proper credit for the work they do through improved documentation
- Impact hospital health and support fellow physicians
With the Sound Advisory Services clinical management team's support, you will expand your knowledge, drive value, and steward the well-being and financial stability of the hospital. A medical director of advisory services is a highly visible leadership opportunity for a motivated and engaged physician with a minimum of 3 years of inpatient medicine and advisory experience required. Board certification (base specialty) recognized by ABMS or ABQAURP - Hospitalist, emergency medicine, or intensivist experience preferred.
- Quality of Life: Monday through Friday and no call
- Benefits: Comprehensive Sound Physicians benefits package including 15 paid days off
- Education: CME allowance, paid CME time off, and a comprehensive training and onboarding program
- Development: Mentoring from the Sound Advisory Services clinical leadership team
We deliver high-quality case reviews and audit defense services to our partner hospitals while driving measurable changes to compliance, and key metrics such as case mix index and length of stay.
Located in Phoenix, Arizona and surrounded by stunning sunsets, beautiful mountain ranges, and the Sonoran Desert. Towering saguaro cactuses, spring wildflowers, and mountains on every horizon are just a few of the natural aesthetics that make Phoenix one of the best cities to spend time outdoors. Hiking and biking are some of the most popular ways to see the saguaro cacti, red rocks, and desert arroyos, no matter what part of town you live in. The Cholla trail on Camelback Mountain features the most iconic outline on the horizon and Piestewa Peak in the Phoenix Mountain Preserve offers even more signature vistas and trails. South Mountain Park and Preserve is the largest municipal park in the United States, and mountain bikers love the 50 miles of trails it provides.