Market Researcher - Strategic Advisory - Los Angeles , California, United States, 90001
We're looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently and aren't afraid to experiment. That's where you come in.
The Insights discipline helps empower Rioters' decision-making to be more data-informed. We're an interdisciplinary group of scientists, consultants, and strategists from all sorts of backgrounds, that focus on bringing an astute understanding of players to Riot. We join together to represent and advocate for players from around the world. We're a group united by our love of games, science, and helping others succeed.
As a Market Researcher at Riot Games, you will study and speak for the players around the globe. You'll join the Insights team to work with a multitude of Rioters from across the company. You will sit on the central Strategic Advisory department, serving all of Riot's portfolio of products by creating large-scale, foundational market research and business intelligence outputs for Rioters across the company. As part of the team's regular strategic reporting deliverables, you'll also quickly answer important strategic questions for Riot leadership and others through analysis into datasets across Riot, including the brand tracking program you maintain, using multimodal approaches that meld research, data, and game analytics into holistic and digestible strategic recommendations.
- Manage the design, execution, and socialization of our global brand and game tracking research program
- Combine strategic recommendations about our brand and market position and give those to the appropriate groups across the company, including Riot and product leadership
- Perform multi-modal analyses about the health of our portfolio of products and overall business
- BA or BS in Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction, Statistics, Economics, Marketing, or a related discipline
- 3+ years of professional market research experience, supplier or client-side
- Experience designing, analyzing, and managing large-scale, global market and tracking research
- Direct client management and data presentation experience to a variety of audiences
- MA in the social sciences or market research, MBA in marketing or business intelligence
- Market research procurement / vendor management experience
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Don't forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.