Managing Director of Investment Strategy - Cleveland, Ohio, United States, 44113
Success will be defined by actions to promote collaboration of Key Wealth Management personnel with the Investment Center that results in expanded integration of Investment Center portfolio solutions into client portfolios. The Managing Director of Investment Strategy will create tools to evaluate the impact of Investment Center advice on client outcomes and will design methods to maximize utilization levels of investment recommendations and offerings across KPB and KIS. This will include the development of goals to monitor the scale of Investment Center solutions within various practices areas of the firm.
This will consist of the following activities and responsibilities:
- Periodic immersive sessions with KPB's Investment Center to discuss portfolio solutions, specific strategies and actionable portfolio recommendations and sharpen the effective messaging/ communications thereof. The intended deliverable from these sessions will be effective communication tools (e.g., client-ready PowerPoint presentations, internal investment memos, detailed implementation guides and other resources) to engage with Advisors.
- During these sessions, the Managing Director will provide constructive and direct feedback from client-facing Advisors delivered quantitatively when possible to measure and track the effectiveness of the Investment Center's communication efforts, and ensuring clients are consistently and uniformly receiving the highest quality investment advice.
- Active participation in all Investment Center subcommittee/working group meetings
- Conducts frequent meetings with all Advisors on an individual basis to address pertinent questions regarding Investment Center recommendations and implementation guidance to ensure consistent client delivery. Also gathers pertinent feedback and live client reactions/experiences to ensure client needs/demands/questions are being met by portfolio solutions derived by the Investment Center.
- Develops and maintains a library of educational presentations comprised of a broad series of pertinent topics, ranging from traditional to alternative strategies, that present a clear synopsis of traditional and alternative investment solutions, economic concepts, market dynamics, and behavioral finance. Establishes a team-led effort to create presentation materials and coordinates updates and curates selections to promote engaged usage amongst Advisors to enrich knowledge as appropriate.
- Develops surveys for internal use for Advisors that will measure and assess their competency and knowledge within critically foundational areas. These areas might include Investment Center portfolio solutions, specific product knowledge, Key Wealth Management initiatives to enhance internal processes and/or client-centric success, compliance requirements and procedures, and tools and techniques to retain and grow client relationships and AUM.
- Networks with Relationship Team stakeholders to ensure cohesive messaging regarding KPB's Investment Strategy and that all stakeholders possess appropriate levels of knowledge regarding actionable investment recommendations. The goal is to support and reinforce cohesion of these stakeholders' advice delivery to clients in alignment with Investment Center philosophy and rationale for recommended strategy solutions.
- An ongoing message cohesion solution might consist of "Quarterly Investment Briefings" delivered in conjunction with the CIO to review investment outlook, strategy allocation and positioning, notable portfolio solutions, and any shifts or enhancements. Focus on top-down Investment Center guidance and recommendations, and on any upcoming or available private investment alternatives, might also be discussed.
- Liaises with Sales Leaders to help plan market visits with Investment Center's "Speakers Bureau" and participates in such events as discussant, panel moderator or other role(s) as needed.
- Aids in external media opportunities (teleconference, videoconference, in-person) by serving as a key communicator of internally-generated ideas.
- Writes timely articles/white papers and assists in creating PowerPoint presentations.
- Serves as an advocate for cultivating a culture of investment expertise and thought leadership amongst colleagues and clients.
- A minimum of 10+ years of highly relevant investment experience
- Deep familiarity with full spectrum of asset classes, and a proponent of multi-strategy solutions
- CFA designation or graduate degree in business, finance, economics or related area
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral, and outstanding listening skills
- Team orientation and collaborative, and excellent relationship building skills
- Media presence across variety of formats
- High emotional intelligence and strong sense of self
- Uncompromising integrity and a "Culture Crusader" for the Investment Center, and KPB as a whole
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.