Managing Director of IT Strategic Planning - Chicago - Chicago, Illinois, United States, 60601
Managing Director of IT Strategic Planning
Department: Information Systems
Location: Chicago, IL
Travel Requirements: N/A
Job ID: 230
LIFE AT NFA
NFA is committed to creating an exceptional work environment. Learn from staff how NFA fosters a culture of diversity, ongoing learning and development, and work-life balance.
Description: The Managing Director will assist in the identification and application of strategic information technology (IT) initiatives that support the safe, effective and efficient execution of NFA's regulatory and business responsibilities across the organization.
- Help select and implement suitable technology to streamline internal operations and optimize organization-wide benefits.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of new strategic initiatives and provide guidance to staff.
- Monitor changes or advancements in technology and devise new initiatives to benefit NFA.
- Analyze the costs, value and risks of IT in order to advise management and suggest action steps to increase efficiency and effectiveness across the organization.
- Conduct post-implementation assessments of new initiatives, report on the findings, and make suggestions for further enhancements as necessary.
- Engage in vendor contract negotiations for the acquisition of new computer equipment and software.
- Use technical knowledge to assist with risk-assessment and develop actionable plans to protect NFA systems.
- Help develop initiatives that contribute to an information privacy and security-conscious culture.
- Bachelor's degree in Business with IT experience, or Computer Science degree with business experience
- Master's degree in Business Administration or Computer Systems a plus
- Minimum 10 years' experience with applications development or network administration
- Prior experience with the development and implementation of strategic plans or goals
- Experience with different project management methodologies including Agile and Waterfall highly desired
- Experience with ROI modeling and other metric-based analysis highly desired
- Experience with risk modeling and analysis highly desired
- Must have strong analytical and critical thinking skills, while exhibiting a high-level of attention to detail
- Effective verbal presentation skills
- The ability to maintain job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging technologies, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations
MAKE OUR MISSION YOUR CAREER
NFA is the industrywide, self-regulatory organization for the U.S. derivatives industry. NFA strives every day to safeguard the integrity of the derivatives markets, protect investors and ensure Members meet their regulatory responsibilities.