Managing Director, Strategy and Analytics - Chicago, Illinois, United States, 60602
The Managing Director in the Strategy and Analytics department of the Strategic Services division leads project work in the development, design and delivery of key strategy projects, with a specific focus on assessing the business impact of Federal and State policy proposals. His/her work is delivered to senior Plan and BCBSA executives and BCBSA governance committees. Assessments are conducted across all lines of business and will highlight the overall impact to the market, the business issues and risk associated with various proposals and solutions, and BCBS competitive positioning.
The Managing Director ensures the work/team focuses its efforts to be analytically and outcomes driven while improving the competitive position of the BCBS System. Work scope includes the assessment of transforming forces in the industry today including the evolution of providers, increased regulation, competitor consolidation and an increased focus in the rapidly changing lines of business including Exchanges, Medicare and Medicaid.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Lead project teams in the development, design and delivery of projects and engagements. Facilitate and deliver key findings and insights to senior business executives including BCBS Plans and BCBSA governance committees.
* Provide analytic expertise and leadership across an array of health care initiatives. He/she defines and drives strategies and tactics on a number of issues, and manages multiple large programs/initiatives and project teams to achieve desired results.
* Interact with senior executives to understand business needs and build effective relationships. Ensure strategic learnings are leveraged in business decisions and system-wide priorities that support the growth of the Blue Cross Blue Shield companies.
Required Basic Qualifications:
* Minimum of ten years of related business experience; strategy consulting experience preferred
* Bachelor's degree in related discipline; graduate degree strongly preferred
* Seasoned strategist with strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills to lead hypothesis development and integration
* Experienced in strategy development and generating actionable insights from analytical work
* An experienced leader in all aspects of staff management, development and effective teambuilding
* Consultative skills and experience in partnering with and influencing senior executives and sophisticated stakeholders
* A persuasive communicator with the ability to present ideas with power and persuasion; strong facilitation and presentation skills with senior audiences
* An individual who demonstrates a collaborative approach and ability to work effectively with a variety of colleagues in different disciplines, including members of BCBSA, local BCBS companies and other outside organizations and individuals
* Experience in creating C-suite level project deliverables
Preferred Basic Qualifications:
* Demonstrated ability to operate, interact and influence at senior management level
* Strong organizational skills and experience in project management
* Superior oral and written communications skills
* Familiarity with health insurance industry and concepts
* An individual with strong interpersonal skills, including being an empathetic, respectful listener who can create an engaging atmosphere that encourages both internal and external constituents to be actively involved
* Strong record of academic and professional achievement
* Familiarity with peer review and collaboration
* Creative thinker; demonstrated ability to solve problems and approach issues with new thinking
* An individual of the highest integrity, with high levels of energy, maturity, and flexibility and a reputation for fairness and idealism
* Master's degree
Equal Opportunity Employer
Blue Cross Blue Shield Association is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected characteristics