Managing Director, Strategy and Administration - Southfield , Michigan, United States, 48033
Responsible for leading the strategic, financial performance tracking, internal controls and administrative functions of the company. Manages various projects and initiatives from ideation through development, approval, execution and tracking. Exercises broad discretion and judgement in the acquisition of information and dissemination of the same aligning with the "voice of the President." Works closely with the management team to develop annual and long-term goals and objectives. Has responsibility for business unit executive reporting and communication, as well as Emerging Markets coordination.
- Direct activities of functional area of responsibility including, but not limited to financial performance tracking, strategic planning and execution, administration, performance, internal controls, planning and reporting, training, culture, corporate/EM coordination and communications.
- Responsible for initiatives/activities and business plans assigned or delegated to direct reports of the president are executed and completed as assigned.
- Establish list of initiatives and governance processes to track execution from end-to-end and establish KPIs, metrics and dashboards to track strategic and operational performance and initiatives.
- Provide standard performance reports or dashboards to update various levels of leadership on the status of financial performance, strategic initiatives, internal controls, performance management and business administration deliverables.
- Develop executive level presentations with various levels of leadership to successfully communicate to a broad range of executives. Consult with executive sponsors and project leads on the status of initiatives in progress. Collaborate with EM leaders as required.
- Solid understanding of budgeting and forecasting tools, terminology and expertise.
- Brief President regarding contents of documents and communications for review and approval
- Act as a liaison with Emerging Markets administration on behalf of executive office and stay informed and aligned with organization initiatives, reports and meetings
- Provides leadership focus and attention on goals to meet and sustain profitability as a business unit within Emerging Markets and diversification to the parent company (BCBSM).
- Oversee efficiencies for expense tracking, headcount management, expense tracking, forecasting support, vendor rationalization, performance management planning/reporting,
- Provide high level leadership to internal business unit goals and objectives and effectively lead change.
- Support the representation of the Company in community and industry programs and conferences
- Support development, management and monitoring of annual company budget and capital plan
- Understanding of and adhere to relevant policies, procedures, regulations and contractual agreements with clients and subcontracted vendors.
- Coordinate, research and oversee the preparation of executive level documents, presentations and meeting materials.
- Drive focus on culture of the business unit
- Provide effective and efficient solutions to complex business problems
Directly supervises exempt and non-exempt staff in accordance with company policies and applicable Federal and State Laws. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, effectively interviewing, hiring, terminating, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and counseling employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; supporting and encouraging the engagement process.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required.
Bachelor's degree in in business, marketing, finance or related field required. Master's degree in business, marketing, finance or related field required. Relevant combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of master's degree. Progress towards, or completion of, industry recognized professional designations is highly preferred and encouraged.
Ten (10) years of progressively more responsible experience in a healthcare environment with demonstrated business and technical experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities. Five (5) years prior leadership or management experience required.
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- Ability to work with and empower others on a collaborative basis to ensure success of business unit team.
- Ability to communicate with impact, influence, negotiate, and listen actively to achieve optimal performance/results.
- Strong organizational, planning, analytical, and communication skills.
- Ability to apply the principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions.
- Ability to effectively present budgetary and/or cost information and respond to questions as appropriate.
- Ability to establish workflows, manage multiple projects, and meet necessary deadlines.
- Ability to apply the principles of independent logical, analytical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of industry practices and terminology.
- Ability to conduct root cause analysis of various problem situations and address them or refer them for appropriate decision making.
- Ability to establish workflows, manage multiple projects and meet necessary deadlines.
- Strong presentation skills, both development and delivery.
- Ability to develop and implement effective and efficient recommendations in a timely manner.
- Advanced knowledge of effective communication principles and practices, including translating information based on target audience (oral, written and electronic).
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as absolute standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered with other position-related criteria.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued, and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an "at will" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract