Managing Director, Security Solutions Practice - Irvine , California, United States, 92602
Managing Director Security Practice
The Managing Director (MD) of Security Practice is responsible for leading a team of Security Sales Managers and Security Sales Consultants and matrix-managing the worldwide sales team. Additionally, the MD is the thought leader around the practice. The MD is dedicated to developing business solutions for customers and leading and managing all security sales functions worldwide with the goal of meeting and exceeding all business metrics/objectives, including revenue, sales, and SG&A. The key strategic priority for the MD is to maximize revenue growth through the development, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of sales, marketing, and service programs and initiatives.
The successful candidate will be a passionate and proactive visionary in driving the operational readiness and strategic business initiatives to exceed objectives. The candidate must have a proven successful track record with exceeding targets in the emerging technology space. The candidate must be a strong leader, extremely well organized, analytical, detail-oriented, and quality-minded. They must be able to identify process improvements in reporting, analytics, forecasting, and performance metrics. They will develop, direct, and analyze programs and retention strategies for maximum customer satisfaction and sales growth. A successful MD will support the vision and direction of Verizon's Global Sales leadership.
Duties include establishing relationships with key customers and Verizon Enterprise Solutions (VES) clients and serving as a liaison with business development and legal groups to drive overall sales, service, and vertical objectives. The role regularly interacts with both internal and external executive management and ensures customer satisfaction. The MD will lead by example to understand the customer's business drivers, market and competitive forces, and security industry trends, in addition to understanding the customer's business operations, challenges, and needs to develop value proposition. They will be responsible for overseeing and handling complex outsourcing engagements, customer escalations, and ongoing customer support.
As the Practice lead, the successful candidate will implement sales programs and initiatives to drive VES strategic sales performance, utilizing all available marketing and sales capabilities to drive these objectives. React to market opportunities and competitive changes, address sales performance weaknesses, and attack prospect and upsell/cross-sell opportunities through the implementation of targeted campaigns.
The candidate will make sound and timely business decisions to drive short-term and long-term performance, to align selling resources with the greatest opportunities in the most cost effective ways, to ensure all sales personnel are treated fairly and are paid accurately, to improve sales performance through better processes, technology, and methodologies, and to improve employee morale. The candidate will:
- Align daily sales activity to the Verizon Credo
- Maintain accurate forecast metrics and reporting
- Direct, coach, and mentors sales team to meet/exceed key performance metrics
- Measure effectiveness of sales team customer engagement, relationship development, and security expertise
- Matrix manage all stakeholders, including Marketing and Product management, to align to consistent strategy and execution worldwide
- Strategic thought leadership around the practice
- Globally consistent go-to-market (GTM) strategy that provides role clarity
- Synchronization with Advanced Solutions Architect team
- Integrated marketing programs
- Improvement and validation of the customer experience
- Guided product enhancement and development
- Information validation and sharing
- Defining and executing Professional Services strategy
- Bachelor's degree in business-related discipline and/or equivalent work experience; MBA preferred
- 7+ years sales experience with Enterprise Customers, with emphasis in Security and IT space
- Proven ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment while balancing multiple highly complex cross-functional projects
- Track record of exceeding sales revenue in emerging technology or emerging product areas
- Successful sales management experience leading a multi-departmental team setup to meet specific customer requirements
- Experience with solution selling to C-level Executives in the Fortune 500 and Global market, with emphasis on Security and IT products and solutions
- Strong business financial analysis skills; broad security industry knowledge
- Strong analytical skills, with successful experience in securing and analyzing large volumes of data to make recommendations toward achieving specific operational goals
- Extensive computer skills, including Microsoft Suite and database management
- Excellent project management, team leadership, and interpersonal skills; knowledge of corporate business strategy, Wireline/Wireless technology, market, and industry trends
- Previous experience working directly with senior executives
- Ability to work under pressure of tight timelines; detail oriented
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, in addition to strong analytical skills
- Ability to interact at the most senior levels internal and external to Verizon
- Ability to communicate knowledge and expertise to provide insight and direction to the business
- Ability to coach, mentor, and train others within Verizon and have the ability to educate key stakeholders on the benefits of a proposed approach
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams and ensure cohesive efforts toward a shared goal
- Presentation skills for executive level management, public groups, etc.
- Self-motivated, resilient, can-do attitude to overcome obstacles and find resolution in sometimes difficult conditions
- Ability to travel
You'll have the power to go beyond - doing the work that's transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you'll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we'll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.