Managing Director, Data Strategy and Management - New York , New York, United States, 10001
About the Role
We understand the need for business, technology and data to all come together in order to compete in today's highly competitive environment. The Managing Director for Data plays a critical role in aligning business strategy and technology data strategies. This role will lead a team of business and technology experts in order to define the vision and strategy for our data and information and ensure that our data is modeled, governed, and maintained with the latest technologies, processes, and approaches. The goal for this role is to create opportunities for us to leverage the data to build information assets which allow new opportunities in the areas of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
This position is responsible for the strategy and execution of Investor Services data and information. As we look to measure, manage, and monetize information as an asset, the Managing Director for Data will play a critical role in ensuring today's data landscape can evolve to meet the future demands of Business.
- Define, communicate, and architect the vision and strategy for the overall data solutions.
- Lead and scale a team of data scientists, data modelers, and data analysts to translate strategy to actionable goals.
- Own the overall data roadmap and identify opportunities to leverage data more effectively and efficiently while ensuring tangible business outcomes.
- Manage the data lifecycle from concept through modeling through governance - to ensure our data is of the highest quality.
- Partner with Business teams across operations, product, and technology to define and refine our data strategy.
- Provide thought leadership on data science best practices, methods and tools for analytical work.
- Lead, develop, plan, and execute analytical work, individually and with the team, working with Large scale datasets and Big Data environment.
- Lead the data modeling strategy to ensure best-in-class processes, technology and practices of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence solutions are being delivered to the business that can improve operations efficiency and lower OpEx.
- Acts as data authority for all data across Company's corporation working with compliance, audit and risk teams as well as Enterprise Data Management team to ensure our data is compliant.
- Define clear view of metrics of success, model and implementation feasibility and impact to customer.
- Build a team of strong, business savvy and self -driven data analytical talent across the team in a Matrix environment using influence skills to help direct and develop talent.
- Develop tools and strategies, in collaboration with HR, to attract and retain top talent and develop high performing teams.
- Drive a culture that promotes collaboration, diversity, and inclusion.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, quantitative field, industrial design, engineering or business. MBA or other advanced degree is preferred.
- Extensive experience in a highly digital environment driving delivery teams toward defined business outcomes.
- Proven experience managing large high performing teams of Data Scientists as a Servant Leader; striving to help others produce quality results and supporting them with their professional growth.
- 15+ years of application development and engineering data solutions to meet Business Outcomes
- 15+ years building and delivering best-in-class enterprise data solutions.
- 15+ years of experience in technology development, including leadership role in large-scale environment.
- 15+ years working in lean and Agile development processes to develop and manage data solutions and people through the entire data life cycle.
- 15+ years of experience in practical data processing working with large scale datasets and in a Big Data environment, data mining, text mining, and information retrieval
- 10+ years of experience in managing SaaS or PaaS enterprise data solutions
- 10+ years of experience in delivering successful solutions for regulatory and compliance regarding data, information and object storage
- 5+ years of experience in managing multi cloud, hybrid (on prem, off prem) application, data, and warehousing capabilities
- Demonstrated deep knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Experience partnering with Information Security organizations in order to ensure the safety of our data both at rest and in flight
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with executive team, commercial teams, and operations.
- Strong awareness of technology trends, influence and impact, particularly with regard to providing data solutions that can be used for machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Superior analytical skills, in both the quantitative and the qualitative aspects.
- Crisp and effective communication skills, including significant experience presenting cross-functionally and across all levels.
- Ability to build and develop durable relationships across data teams, engineers, marketing, etc. to support research and strategy execution needs.
- Demonstrated experience leading change management within an organization and continual challenging of the status quo.
- Experience leading high performing teams.