Managing Director - Compliance and Risk Advisory (CRS) - Los Angeles , California, United States, 90021
Managing Director - Compliance and Risk Advisory Services (CRS)
We are searching for a CRS Managing Director to join our Compliance and Risk Advisory Services (CRS) practice with a specific focus on our SOX business line.
CNM LLP is a technical advisory services firm that works with the top local talent on the most comprehensive and intriguing projects for discerning clients ranging from start-ups to closely held mid-market companies to large multi-national Fortune 1000 firms. The CNM reputation is built upon a foundation of professional excellence and trusted relationships and is recognized nationally for commitment to excellence. Employees value the open and honest environment, consistent focus on work-life balance and an outstanding culture that is difficult to find anywhere else in the professional services industry. This unwavering attention to providing an exceptional work environment has enabled CNM to be recognized as one of Inc. 5000's "Fastest Growing Private Companies in 2018."
Here are the goals for your first year with CNM LLP:
- Oversee all SOX compliance projects, first-year SOX compliance, entity-level controls, risk assessment preparation, fraud assessments, planning scope evaluation, process testing, aggregation and assessment of operating and design deficiencies and documentation of process information flows
- Recommend internal control solutions that balance client resource constraints with the need to mitigate risk
- Oversee successful project completion by prioritizing director, manager and senior tasks
- Assist the Partner group on an as-needed project basis with the overall firm operations which include Human Resources, IT, Accounting, Scheduling and Recruiting
- Maintain and build client relationships
- Responsible for negotiating the scope of the work, bill rates and budgets for recurring projects at existing clients
Upon successfully demonstrating the skill set listed above you will have the opportunity to earn a promotion to Partner. As a Partner you will be responsible for:
- Building the firm through practice development at your assigned existing clients and meeting established revenue goals
- Collaborating with the partner group in setting the strategic direction and growth of the firm including the geographical expansion of new offices and the addition of complementary services
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in a related field, CPA required, CIA and CISA certifications preferred
- Public accounting/advisory experience with an emphasis on risk and compliance consulting related to Sarbanes-Oxley
- Exceptional people, project and client management skills - we pride our culture on an equal mix of IQ and EQ
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills and the ability to adapt communication and responses as needed based upon various situations
- Ability to translate complex issues into simple and easy to understand terms
- Innovative thinker with strong analytical skills, sound interpretation of complex subject matter, ability to generate meaningful insights and develop pragmatic solutions
- Able to delegate responsibility to coach others in order to develop capabilities
- Experience resolving business conflicts and using situations as learning and development opportunities
- Adaptable and able to manage unexpected changes in timelines, deadlines and scope of work
CNM LLP offers an excellent base, bonus and incentive compensation package. The benefits package is designed to meet an employee's needs regardless of the stage an employee is at including medical, dental, paid maternity and parental leave, 401(k) with match and flexible spending accounts for employees and dependents. We offer training that assists employees in reaching their career goals and, in addition to a regular paid time off policy, we also offer an extra five days off between Christmas and New Year holidays annually for firm-wide shutdown. CNM believes in social interaction and networking and employees participate in unbelievable social events each summer and winter. The firm also supports employees offering an annual technology bonus, health and wellness bonus, monthly cell phone reimbursement, fully stocked kitchens with food, drink and snacks and much, much more. Please reach out to our Talent Team and we will walk you through why you deserve a career with CNM LLP.
Please note: all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.