Manager of Public Funding - San Francisco , California, United States, 94199
POSITION TITLE: Manager of Public Funding
REPORTS TO: Director of Public Funding
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: The primary role of the Manager of Public Funding is to manage contract administration across Larkin Street's public contracts portfolio. This involves supporting the Public Funding team (a Director of Public Funding and an Associate Director of Contract Administration and Compliance) to develop and submit funding proposals, negotiate or renegotiate contracts for services, and write and submit regular reports to public funders.
EXEMPT STATUS: Non-Exempt
UNION STATUS: Union
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Larkin Street's Public Funding team works (1) to secure and maintain public contracts with federal, state, and local government agencies and (2) to support Larkin Street's programs with all aspects of public contracting, including monitoring, reporting, and performance management. As a key member of the Public Funding team, the Manager of Public Funding is responsible for the following functions:
- Assist with renewing contracts for housing and services (negotiating scopes of work, coordinating delivery of signature pages, filing contracts in agency's document management system, etc.);
- Assist with developing and submitting funding proposals for new contracts (drafting sections of proposal narrative, compiling proposal attachments, coordinating proposal submissions, etc.);
- Assist with maintaining required contract documentation (renewing Memoranda of Understanding with third-party service partners, etc.); and
- Help maintain Larkin Street's filing systems for contract documents (e.g., contract tracker and document management system).
- Manage Larkin Street's calendar of reporting deadlines;
- Develop and submit regular monthly, quarterly, six-month, and annual reports (as applicable) on Larkin Street's public contracts;
- Collaborate with colleagues in Finance and Operations Departments to compile data for reports; and
- Write brief, clear, compelling narratives for reports.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represent Larkin Street at grantee meetings coordinated by our public funders.
- Provide administrative support to Larkin Street's nonprofit subcontractors and other third-party service partners.
PHYSICAL & LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to speak and write English clearly and accurately
- Ability to comprehend complex materials
- Ability to lift, transfer, push/pull, maneuver, and reposition 25 lbs.
- Ability to reach, bend and walk
- Finger manipulation
Bachelor's degree in a relevant field of study or equivalent experience
BACKGROUND, SKILLS, & EXPERIENCE:
- Passion for Larkin Street's mission, programs, and core operating principals
- Working knowledge or lived experience of issues facing homeless and at-risk youth
- Excellent organizational skills for managing details and deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a teamwork mentality
- Good judgment with a proactive approach to problem-solving
- Willingness to dig into administrative tasks and get things done
- 1-2 years' experience with nonprofit contracts or grants preferred
Larkin Street reserves the right to revise job descriptions or work hours as required.
Larkin Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Larkin Street provides youth between the ages of 12 and 24 with the help they need to rebuild their lives. Each year, more than 3,000 youth walk through our doors seeking help. We give them a place where they can feel safe; rebuild their sense of self-respect, trust, and hope; learn school, life and job skills; and find the confidence to build a future.
We raise the bar by redefining success from securing independent housing to achieving a permanent pathway out of poverty. We have established bold goals for the youth in our services:
Two years of post-secondary education
Safe and stable housing
Physical and emotional well-being