Manager-Wealth Business Strategy & Implementation - Buffalo, New York, United States, 14202
Sets strategic direction and profitability for the Wealth Management Division with a focus on managing a team of consultants that provide strategic solutions supported by Finance and Data Analytics. Identifies, develops and implements solutions for emerging opportunities and issues to ensure competitiveness with a dynamic market. Participates in initiatives representing the Division at the Bank level and represents the organization with vendors, associations and regulatory bodies. Manages the most complex, critical and highly visible projects for the business.
- Provide leadership, vision and direction on strategic initiatives, executable plans, sales/service models, technology roadmap and process improvement as it relates to profitability for the Division.
- Lead a team responsible for analyzing opportunities, shaping strategy and recommending solutions to position Wealth Management to take advantage of changing market conditions including sales and service model development, optimal staffing model/resource utilization creation, go to market strategies, and client service standards.
- Lead strategic re-engineering initiatives that focus on transforming workflows in the Wealth Management sales environment and leads to greater profitability. Lead and manage consulting teams responsible to review current process flows, create gap analyses, recommend and implement new processes that meet revenue, productivity and efficiency initiatives.
- Lead the development, review and implementation of Divisional initiatives to drive process and/or system improvements. Maintain involvement in Bank-wide initiatives that effect Wealth Management operations, servicing, processes and/or systems.
- Responsible and accountable for annual budget process, requisition approval and appropriate level signing authority.
- Lead and develop sales channel strategies. Review new developments in company markets, evaluating and recommending new services, products or geographies or modifying existing services or products.
- Lead and develop communication strategy with Wealth Management, considering all key stakeholders and keeping all impacted parties informed in a timely manner.
- Partner with Technology to enhance the Wealth operating environment through development and enhancement of functionality in Wealth systems.
- Collaborate with Wealth Sales leadership to develop and implement plans for operational infrastructure of systems, processes and staffing designed to support the growth and profitability of Wealth Management.
- Define and participate in the achievement of short and long-term business objectives. Participate in defining communications, agenda development, and deck creation for Divisional priorities
- Develop and maintain a thorough and expert understanding of the business and its functions, processes and operations. Remain current on business and market trends that may affect Wealth products, services, profitability and the value proposition and identify ways to address them to ensure we remain competitive with the market.
- Exercise usual authority of a manager concerning staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations, performance management and terminations.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Appetite. Design, implement, maintain and enhance internal controls to mitigate risk on an ongoing basis. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
The Wealth Management Division oversees Private Banking, Asset Management, Wealth Advisory and M&T Securities and provides financial services and solutions to individuals. These services are offered through a comprehensive and integrated offering. In supporting Wealth Management, the position leads efforts to impact business profitability. The position is responsible for shaping strategy, including identifying and directing resources towards key outcomes. This requires the position to be able to work with senior managers and influence them while conveying solutions to them. The position must work with decisiveness in a fast-paced environment, while being able to handle multiple competing priorities and quickly implement approved ideas. Being able to communicate effectively to all levels within the Wealth organization is also a key component of the position.
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 11 years' related experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 15 years' higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 11 years' related experience
Minimum of 4 years' managerial experience
Working knowledge of financial models
Strong strategic skills
Strong leadership skills
Demonstrated ability to speak with all levels within the organization; particularly with executive leadership
Solid understanding of the financial services industry, including competitive, regulatory and control
Wealth management industry experience
Education and Experience Preferred:
Master's degree in Business Administration (MBA)
Minimum of 5 years' managerial and/or leadership experience