Manager, Transaction Advisory Services - Atlanta, Georgia, United States, 30301
Join one of the fastest growing transaction advisory services practice in the country, where your talent and efforts are valued. Thrive in BDO's entrepreneurial environment with an innovative and flat organizational structure. Be challenged based on your abilities and not your title. Be part of the number one middle market deals team, and truly experience the opportunity of being an immediate contributor with real opportunities for career advancement. Work with industry leaders, technical experts and most importantly, people you enjoy spending time with. While BDO prides itself on the Firm's work quality, it equally values work/life fit for its professionals, allowing them to focus on what's important to them outside the office.
The Transaction Advisory Services Manager is responsible for managing financial, accounting and operational due diligence engagements.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or other relevant field, required
- Master's in Business Administration, preferred
- Four (4) or more years of public accounting experience, required, preferably within a financial assurance or management consulting role
- One (1) or more years of TAS experience, preferred
- Experience interacting and working directly with C-level personnel, preferred
- CPA, CPA candidate, CFA, or CA, preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suites, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint, required
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, specifically business writing
- Ability to interact with and adapt communication style to successfully convey messaging and objectives to all levels of management
- Exhibits executive presence, intellectual curiosity and analytical thinking.
- Capable of initiating and maintaining solid relationships with all levels of client personnel, as well as utilizing network and industry relationships to identify business development opportunities
- Capable of working in a demanding, deadline-driven environment independently and within a team dynamic while effectively managing unexpected issues and/or questions in a professional manner
- Ability to analyze large volumes of data to identify potential issues and propose the most appropriate resolutions within the context of a transaction
- Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of information
- Excellent project management skills with ability to produce quality work with an attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of technical accounting areas such as US GAAP and SEC reporting
- Knowledge of IFRS
- Ability to travel at least 30% of time