Manager, Technology Advisory Services - Washington , Washington DC, United States, 20398
Guidepost is seeking an experienced professional with a sound understanding of technology, electronic discovery and specifically complex data analysis matters to work for its Technology Advisory Services practice based out of the New York or Washington DC office.
They will be responsible for financial and accounting consulting services as it relates to litigation and dispute resolution. A successful candidate will hold a college degree and possess experience or aptitude in all aspects of technology consulting and data analysis, including but not limited to the collection and synthesis of data, project management, spreadsheet and database creation, and SQL programming. Candidates will acquire skills in designing and executing solutions to complex financial problems, as well as analyzing complex data sets from relevant financial, transactional, survey, and other data systems. They will lead teams and be responsible for overall project management and execution.
- Performing the day to day activities of projects including interaction with client personnel, internal members, and professionals from other firms involved in the engagement.
- Applying accounting, financial, and analytical skills to various client situations and practice disciplines.
- Designing and implementing complex database models to resolve disputes.
- Utilizing forensic and data mining tools to search, recover, sort, and organize large amounts of electronic information in all phases of an investigation or litigation issue.
- Organizing information to facilitate effective data access and analysis.
- Maintaining detailed work-paper records of assumptions, methodologies, and information sources employed during the performance of all analytical tasks.
- Delivering a quality product within established timeframes.
- Preparing drafts of written analyses and reports for third parties on the project scope and/or results of activities.
- Preparing presentations and exhibits for clients and third parties on the project scope and/or results of activities.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree with a minimum of 5 years of experience
- Superior quantitative analysis skills
- Client service orientation
- Understanding of the litigation process
- Experience working in consulting environment
- Ability to manage multiple teams / multiple projects
- Ability to define and evaluate scope of projects
- Ability to evaluate processes and make improvements as needed
- Ability to provide oversight to client deliverables
- Quantitative background in one of the following fields: Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, MIS, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Engineering
- 4-7 years professional experience with 1 or more of the following:
- MS SQL
- Visual Basic
- Litigation Support software
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Planning, Organization, Documentation
- Ability to fully document analysis performed
- Attention to detail
- Ability to adapt, be flexible and work in a dynamic / constantly changing environment