Manager, Supply Chain and Materials Management - Stamford , Connecticut, United States, 06925
Responsible for the efficient management of materials including tracking movements, reporting & analysis, KPI?s, and maintaining dispositions of materials to support the delivery of operational excellence through the management of people, processes and systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops, design and administers production plans and schedules as they relate to materials and product flow inbound and outbound .reporting on the status of ongoing projects and KPIs.
- Focuses on continuous improvement of the movement of materials through various production processes and establishes key performance metrics and benchmarks relating to supply chain planning/forecasting to measure actual performance against goals on a regular basis.
- Coordinates and analyzes the logistical functions of the organization ensuring the entire life cycle of product movement is conducted in the most economical, effective and efficient manner.
- Plans, reports & analyzes reverse & forward logistics, including project Inventory, excess inventory, and aging & obsolescence, asset tracking of materials. Includes KPI?s. Reviews and tracks all CPRs with reclaims to ensure plans are created and executed.
- Manages the master disposition list and master ship-to list which maps all field sites to proper ship to addresses and attributes of these sites to streamline supply chain flow.
- Communicates, implements, and sustains company policies and procedures regarding materials management, including, but not limited to, security, tracking, distribution, and internal controls compliance.
- Reviews and processes authorizations for warehouse releases, reclaims, and transfer requests.
- Supports and executes company business continuity programs in the field and supports other departments in their execution of these initiatives.
- Identifies and implements continuous process improvement and standardization opportunities.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor?s degree in Business Administration, Operations Management or related field, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum seven (7) years Purchasing, Financial or Materials Management experience
- Minimum five (5) years of Supply Chain experience
- Minimum two (2) years of Supervisory experience
- Solid financial management skills including keen business acumen.
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple priorities, and make deadlines.
- Interpersonal and communications skills; ability to supervise, motivate others and communicate with all levels of management and company personnel.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to create and drive strategy that aligns with overall company goals, and effectively translate that strategy into actionable tactics to meet or exceed budget targets.
- Ability to influence other organizations and rally key stakeholders within the company to achieve key objectives.
- Capable of analyzing and interpreting data
- Must be able to plan, prioritize and organize effectively.
- Ability to thoroughly test models and proactively identify solutions.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Advanced spreadsheet skills
- Database Experience
- SAP working knowledge