Manager, Strategic Sourcing - South San Francisco , California, United States, 94080
Support the Senior Manager of Strategic Sourcing to manage sourcing and procurement of assigned categories with a focus on Research and Development, Facilities, IT and Commercial categories. Assist in the development of strategic sourcing plans utilizing an understanding of strategic sourcing best practices with the goal of securing high quality goods and services, continuity of supply, and continuous cost reductions.
Be part of the Theravance Strategic Sourcing team, manage a wide range of sourcing activities, including stakeholder and supplier engagement, leading contract negotiations, terms and acceptance, spend data mining and analytics, sourcing plan development and execution, cost savings tracking and reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Negotiate, manage, coordinate, and support sourcing projects, including managing competitive bids, RFx, obtaining quotes, examining proposals, analyzing bids, etc.
- Develops and maintains key relationships across various functions and levels within supplier organizations.
- Collaboration with stakeholders in supplier selection, service level agreements, payment terms to deliver broad value for the organization.
- Help manage and maintain collaborative relationships with suppliers across all categories.
- Search, evaluate and maintain suppliers for specific spend categories.
- Assist in the development of short term and long term category strategies that support Theravance? s corporate and quality expectations.
- Works closely with other departments within the organization to ensure all business requirements are incorporated into sourcing strategies
- Develop, present and execute cost savings and/or cost avoidance initiatives
- Negotiate, review, and execute SOWs and contracts.
- Prepare sourcing documents, contracts, statements of work and related procurement documents following guidelines
- Perform data analysis and utilize financial acumen to identify opportunities to leverage scale and drive cost savings.
- Analyze spend and other data, monitor purchasing activity, manage benchmarking and reporting.
- Provide training to end users on sourcing tools
- Perform root cause analysis on Procurement and AP issues.
- Interface with Procurement Operations for resolving procurement issues.
- Interface with Accounts Payable for resolving invoicing issues.
- Minimum 5+ years relevant experience in Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry
- 2+ years providing Strategic Sourcing support for R&D, Clinical Operations and Commercial Operations (emphasis on Clinical Operations support)
- A Bachelor?s degree in Science, Supply Chain, Operations or related field
- Strong project and process management skills in order to execute sourcing strategy with cross functional teams.
- Proactive and result oriented
- Able to prioritize and use available tools to be highly productive and manage high volumes.
- Must have excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills, ability to influence without direct authority
- Ability to operate and execute effectively in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and challenging deadlines
- Must be customer oriented, flexible, team player, improvement minded, initiative taker, proactive, with good judgment and decision making ability
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and Word, and Powerpoint skills
The incumbent may be required to sit for extended periods of time. May spend a considerable amount of time looking at the computer monitors and using his/her hands to operate office equipment.