Manager, Knowledge Management and Strategic Intelligence - Summit , New Jersey, United States, 07901
Location: Summit, New Jersey, United States
Job Category: Research and Early Development
Work Location: 86 Morris Avenue 07901
Employee Status: Full-time
Job Type: Regular
Associate Director, Knowledge Management & Strategic Intelligence
Corporate Medical Affairs
PREREQUISITES BS Degree in the biological, health, or information sciences from an accredited college/university combined with 2 years experience in a pharmaceutical, academic, hospital, corporate or specialty setting. Graduate degree strongly preferred. 2 years knowledge/information services experience in a pharmaceutical, academic, hospital, corporate setting (includes specialty libraries; associations, museums, etc). Alternatively, Master's Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited program or international equivalent.
The Manager, Knowledge Management & Strategic Intelligence responds to requests for information by assigned, global Celgene stakeholder groups and with database searching, alerting services and training in the optimal use of Global Knowledge Group resources. This role partners with internal stakeholders in all regions and functional areas in the identification of information needs and contributes to communications such as newsletters and alerts.
- Provides reference and research services involving clinical, business and government document databases, literature and all other appropriate resources to support the scientific, regulatory and business needs of Celgene to assigned groups and in support of therapeutic area teams.
- Partners with counterparts in all regions (Americas, EMEA, APAC) on responding to requests for information resources, provides input and expertise in support of Knowledge Group processes and operational excellence.
- Serves as a resource for and champions Knowledge Group technology and portal strategies.
- May be responsible for the creation and dissemination of communications such as newsletters and other high value business relevant information resources.
- Partners with the Knowledge Group Procurement and Systems teams in the identification of information needs and participates in the execution of collection development strategy.
- Shares responsibility for having knowledge and being in compliance with copyright laws, vendor licensing restrictions and (EMA, FDA, PMDA, etc.) restrictions in regards to the provision of scientific and business information.
- Contributes in the evaluation, choice and acquisition of databases, websites, journals, books, documents, government documents, contracts, library equipment, library software and technology and their vendors.
- May participate in the development and delivery of training for RightFind, Newsletter and alerting platforms.
- Partners with Knowledge Group team lead in implementing process optimization and administration initiatives and in support of a world-class information services function.
- Product Knowledge understands medical/therapeutic impact of products; understanding of potential product applications
- Industry Knowledge understands medicine, the healthcare environment, the pharmaceutical industry and the regulatory environment
- Research Skills - expert ProQuest and Internet searching skills and the ability to conduct an expert reference interview and translate the client's question to query the databases accurately and comprehensively.
- Communication Skills - ability to express oneself clearly and concisely to customers over the phone or with others within team; documents issues and/or concerns concisely and comprehensively; adjusts language and/or terminology appropriate for the audience
- Interpersonal Flexibility - ability to adapt to other personalities in a respectful manner that is conducive to goal achievement
- Knowledge Sharing - ability to capture knowledge within the organization; improves solutions, processes, and deliverables through use of information; improves information capital by contributing experience, theories, deliverables and models for others to use
- Business Skills - ability to proactively capture, summarize or analyze, package, and disseminate current information to fit the business and scientific needs of individuals and functional or therapeutic groups
- Training Skills - ability to teach effective searching skills; introduce clients to RightFind.
- Learning Skills - ability to learn new software products, databases, vocabulary quickly and comprehensively, enough to train and support others in their use.
- Analytical Skills - ability to identify information gaps, needs, problems or opportunities and then using appropriate information sources, determine the causes and possible solutions to the problem.
COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE LIVES OF PATIENTS WORLDWIDE
At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients. Our vision as a company is to build a major global biopharmaceutical corporation while focusing on the discovery, the development, and the commercialization of products for the treatment of cancer and other severe, immune, inflammatory conditions.
\"At Celgene, we seek to deliver truly innovative and life-changing drugs for our patients.\"
There are more than 300 clinical trials at major medical centers using compounds from Celgene. Investigational compounds are being studied for patients with incurable hematological and solid tumor cancers, including multiple myeloma, myelodysplastic syndromes, chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), non-Hodgkin s lymphoma (NHL), triple-negative breast cancer and pancreatic cancer. As committed as we are to clinical accomplishment, we are equally committed to patient support, which is a guiding principle at Celgene. We believe all who can benefit from our discoveries should have the opportunity to do so. Celgene puts patients first with industry-leading programs that provide information, support and access to our innovative therapies.