Manager, Global Data Governance & Strategy - Tempe , Arizona, United States, 85284
Circle K is a great place to work! Here is why:
Our global family of 130,000 people in over 16,000 stores and 25 countries is who makes that possible for our millions of clients worldwide, which is why we are committed to helping them achieve their goals and grow with us. We set ourselves apart by our culture of pride: pride in our people and their development, pride in serving others, what we've built and what we are striving to achieve. No matter where you come from or where you are heading in your career, there is a place for you to grow at Circle K: learn and advance in one of our stores near you or take on a new challenge in our support offices here and around the world. When you grow, we grow - together.
Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc. ("Couche-Tard") operates a worldwide network of 16,000 stores across North America, Europe, and Asia and employs more than 120,000 people globally. Alimentation Couche-Tard brands include Circle-K, Mac's, and Ingo and generated revenues of $51 billion in the fiscal year ending April 2018. In Fortune's 2018 Global Fortune 500 listing, the magazine ranked Couche-Tard #299.
In alignment with business objectives, the Manager, Global Data Governance & Strategy will support the Head of Global Data Governance & Strategy with driving the development of Circle K's enterprise-wide data governance, policies, standards, strategy, and execution within the Global Analytics & Insights division. The Manager will oversee the Senior Analyst to assess the end-to-end data impact of insight creation and continuously monitor the quality of data obtained and provided to the broader organization. The Manager will work with Data Stewards at our Global offices, while communicating and managing key upstream governance activities. In addition, will support the administration actions of the Data Governance Council, with the direction of the Global Head. The Manager will partner with Global Technology, Finance, and business units in maintaining and enhancing master data. The Manager will drive the creation of methods for monitoring quality and provide guidance on streamlining data management.
- Supports the Global Head with maintaining, communicating, and enforcing Data Governance policies, processes, and procedures enterprise wide
- Drives data impact analysis and data quality initiatives within Global Analytics & Insights
- Ensures effective internal controls by monitoring metrics and data, while driving performance through improvement initiatives
- Works closely with the Global Technology, Finance divisions, and business Data Stewards to assess/communicate data and technology changes
- Understand the upstream and downstream data impact and directs the development, implementation, and management of control structures and business rules used to govern data transformations
- Oversees development of enforcement mechanisms for ensuring policies, processes, and standards are followed for enterprise data
- Monitors the actions of Data Stewards within the various business units and business functions
- Supports efforts to monitor compliance with established standards and metrics
- Accountable for the development of the business data dictionary across identified functions
- Manages the execution of data quality audits, assesses results, and creates data quality scorecards
- Identifies improvement opportunities and implements corrective actions to resolve data quality problems
- Supports Global Head in consolidation of domain-level data quality metrics for consumption at the Data Governance Organization (DGO) and Data Governance Council (DGC) levels
- Accountable for creation and maintenance of appropriate documentation / operating procedures for all process work
- Communicates and reviews findings with senior team members
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- 5-7 years of experience with Data Governance and/or Information Management disciplines
- Knowledge of data structures, system, and BI tools related to data management
- Experience with data governance tools, such as Collibra, and data quality management tools, such as Paxata, Atacama etc.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills required, including the ability to create and utilize v-lookups, pivot tables, and other complex formulas
- Self-manage, while consistently exercising good judgment and professionalism
- Appropriately manage confidential departmental and corporate information
- Highly developed organizational skills to function effectively, while still maintaining attention to detail and meeting specific organization goals
- Must have excellent written, verbal, and public presentation communication skills, including producing memos and executive summaries
- Work in a fast-paced environment, while managing multiple projects and personnel simultaneously
- Experience with prioritizing conflicting duties and maintaining timeline integrity for projects and tasks
- Participate in implementing innovative ideas, projects, and business solutions
- Clear understanding of change management, including the development or implementation of solutions requiring comprehensive shifts in operational practices
- Anticipate situations, tools needed, potential obstacles through critical thinking, and review of business performance
- Ability to work on multiple levels from resolving individual support issues, while leading large strategic programs
- Bachelor's Degree in business, technology, engineering, or a related field
- Effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms
- Effective collaborator across all business functions, with ability to resolve all situations in a professional manner
- Strong leadership and executive presence
Circle K is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (the ADA) and all state and local disability laws. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the terms of the ADA and certain state or local laws as long as it does not impose an undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Company's Human Resources Representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Click below to review information about our company's use of the federal E-Verify program to check work eligibility: