Manager, Corporate Development & Strategy - Deerfield , Illinois, United States, 60015
Ready to join a team committed to moving gene therapies into the clinical and commercial settings for patients and families devastated by rare neurological genetic diseases? AveXis is advancing cutting-edge science to treat rare and life-threatening genetic diseases starting with our clinical-stage, proprietary gene therapy candidate, AVXS-101 (ZOLGENSMA?). We are in the midst of an incredible journey and are looking for passionate individuals to join us on this important mission.
AveXis, Inc., a Novartis Company , is a clinical-stage gene therapy company, dedicated to developing and commercializing novel treatments for patients suffering from rare and life-threatening neurological genetic diseases. Our initial product candidate, AVXS-101, is our proprietary gene therapy product candidate currently in development for the treatment of spinal muscular atrophy, or SMA, Type 1, the leading genetic cause of infant mortality, and for the treatment of SMA Type 2. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration, or FDA, has granted AVXS-101 Orphan Drug Designation for the treatment of all types of SMA and Breakthrough Therapy Designation, as well as Fast Track Designation for the treatment of SMA Type 1. In addition to developing AVXS-101 to treat SMA Type 1 and Type 2, we also plan to develop other novel treatments for rare neurological diseases, including Rett syndrome (RTT) and a genetic form of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) caused by mutations in the superoxide dismutase 1 (SOD1) gene.
The Manager, Corporate Development and Strategy will be a key contributor to AveXis' business development and corporate strategy activities alongside the Director, Corporate Strategy. Responsibilities will include gene therapy market research and analysis; evaluation and due diligence of companies and emerging technologies; business case development for new growth opportunities; and overall support on corporate strategy projects.
The successful candidate will be results-oriented, a strong team-player and comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment working with cross-functional teams. Above all, this person will lead with integrity and strive to achieve superior results in all job responsibilities to help advance the AveXis mission.
- Support corporate strategy and business development projects.
- Conduct market research across gene therapy industry to assess new growth strategies.
- Work with and manage cross-functional teams to address key strategic questions and drive strategic initiatives.
- Evaluate BD&L opportunities (including early-stage technologies and programs) and lead business case development.
- Additional responsibilities/tasks as needed.
- B.S. degree, preferably in STEM or finance field.
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant work experience in investment banking, management consulting, venture capital, business development and/or investment research.
- Knowledge and understanding of life sciences / biotechnology industry; gene therapy experience a plus.
- Skilled in market research and analysis; connects the dots well to help draw conclusions.
- Proficiency in financial modeling and valuation methods; BD&L experience a plus.
- Excited to work in a fast-paced, team-based environment.
- Demonstrates high tenacity; takes ownership over timelines and deliverables.
- Great problem-solver and critical thinker with a passion to learn.
- Clearly communicates and presents ideas; good organizational skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter seeking a growth opportunity.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AveXis is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.