Manager, Audio & Video Strategy - New York , New York, United States, 10036
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video. Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 36 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism. The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view \"Find Jobs - Dow Jones.\" Thank you.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, email us at . Please put ?Reasonable Accommodation in the subject line.
NYC - 1211 Ave of the Americas
The Wall Street Journal is looking for a manager of video and audio strategy -- a key role at the intersection of content programming and digital platform strategy. Reporting to the executive director of video and audio strategy, the manager will bring a strategic skill set to the organization, strengthening The Wall Street Journal's position as one of the top publishers of non-fiction digital video and audio coverage and identifying opportunities to grow the audience across all platforms.
- Manage regular reporting on video and audio performance on an individual and series basis, producing weekly, monthly and quarterly reports
- Assist in developing best practices for multiple content types and genres
- Manage day-to-day editorial relationships with key external distribution partners
- Work with journalists and platform editors to ensure all assets are optimized on a per-platform basis
- Surface, optimize and redistribute library content on and off platform
- Liaise with journalists, social and platform teams to maintain a global content calendar
- Manage and track team KPIs
- Oversee video release process, including article placement, on all platforms
- Complete additional duties as assigned
- Deep understanding of digital video and audio landscape
- Ability to analyze and deliver actionable insights from diverse data sets
- Strong familiarity with video optimization best practices, especially on YouTube
- Adept with digital video and audio reporting tools, including Adobe Analytics, YouTube Analytics, Parse.ly and Megaphone
- Clear communicator with exceptional written and presentation skills
- Excellent collaborator capable of working across multiple teams in a fast-paced environment