Manager - Technology Consulting - CIO Advisory - Teaneck , New Jersey, United States, 07666
Intoday's increasingly virtualized and globalized workplace, organizations neednew ways to innovate, allocate resources and reinvent processes leveraging thelatest trends. That's where smart strategies pay off, particularly in times ofeconomic uncertainty. Working closely with clients, our consultants helpcompanies define new innovative target operating models to drive the businesstransformations needed to achieve success. Our teams are global, and ourmanagement consultants' experience runs deep.
COGNIZANT BUSINESS CONULTING - PROCESS AND QUALITY CONSULTINGOVERVIEW
Cognizant's Process and Quality Consult (PQC) team is comprised ofexperienced management consultants providing advisory services across multipleindustry areas to help companies create and drive future IT strategies andagendas. Our focus areas include: IT Strategies, SDLC Transformation andModernization, SDLC Quality, Business Process Assurance, Customer Experience,IT Regulatory Compliance, and Enterprise Data Strategies.
Our CIO Advisory - PQC assists CIOs to develop competitiveadvantage for their organizations by strategically aligning IT with businessobjectives and emerging industry needs. Our transformationspecialties enable IT to run better and faster, thus keeping the businesscompetitive in their market.
PQC is seeking a world-class consultant and manager to help expandits North American Strategic Services Practice. Successful candidates shoulddemonstrate prior experience in leading and managing consulting engagements,exception analytical, interpersonal and creative thinking capabilities. Theywill demonstrate thought leadership in solving client's key IT challenges andpain points across industry verticals.
In addition, the successful candidate will be entrepreneurial,enterprising and personable, possessing gravitas and exceptional leadershipqualities that allow s/he to be assume a critical role in the organization withan ability to scale over time as dictated by business requirements.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Conduct and lead Software Development Lifecycle and IT BusinessAlignment assessments in various focus areas to identify opportunities forimprovement. Build strategies to leverage state of the art tools andtechniques to streamline IT
* Build IT cost benefit analyses to demonstrate the ROI associatedwith investing in IT modernization initiatives
* Assess client's current IT organizations and define operatingmodels which are aligned to business objectives (User Experience, BusinessProcess Assurance, Regulatory and Compliance assessments)
* For the above offerings the engagement manager will be responsibleto create approach, identify appropriate tools and methodologies, lead clientworkshops/ discussions, perform analysis, draw conclusions, formulate strategicrecommendations and develop business cases and roadmaps to supportrecommendations
* In addition to executing consulting engagements, s/he is expectedto actively contribute towards industry specific offerings/ whitepapersdevelopment, assist practice leaders with RFP/ RFI responses/ client discussiondocuments
* S/he will also work collaboratively with other Cognizant practicesand geographic regions to ensure that Cognizant continues to operateeffectively as one firm.
The successful candidate will possess:
* Minimum of 10 years Management consulting experience inInformation Technologies and a broad knowledge of world-class IT operationalmodels
* Experience in developing business cases to support strategicinitiatives, process improvement initiatives, or IT transformation
* Experience in leading complex sales pursuits and businessdevelopment efforts
* Experience in independently leading and managing teamsto effectively including planning/structuring analytical work, facilitatingteam workshops, and developing IT strategy recommendations (e.g., IT capabilityimprovements, key initiatives, roadmaps)
* Knowledge and experience with leading initiatives spanning ITTransformation, Release Management, Enterprise Data Management, SDLCTransformations, Business Driven IT Strategy
* Experience in developing detailed, compelling and analyticalPowerPoint/Excel/Word/Visio deliverables to convey complex thoughts and ideasto various stakeholders
* Deep domain knowledge of at least one major industry vertical(Financial Services/ Healthcare/ Communications etc.) and demonstratedexperience interfacing with executive level clients
* MBA or Master's degree strongly preferred; Bachelor degreerequired
* Exceptional verbal, written communication and presentation skills
* Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time managementskills
* Proven ability to work successfully in a flat, collaborative,highly matrixed environment
* Ability to travel up to 100%